1. Introduction

To my lovely cousin, my fabulous friend and readers!, endless love for selecting this book ❤ , because your 1 read gives me x10000000 confidence to write more books after this...so thanks <3

꧁༺༒༻꧂

The plane takes of the ground of my motherland, America. I sit there on my window seat, staring outside the window at the last bit of the land which I could see and then settle down into my seat, close my eyes and think about what happened.

The last few bits and pieces were packed. My mom was running around the house with a duster in her hand dusting and making things perfect for the next people who move in. Raya, my sister was sitting on the suitcase in front of the house and looking at the sky, trying not to cry. I know how she feels.

Me here, is excited about moving but a teeny winy bit scared as well why?...i dont know, I feel like my stomach is stomped by thousands of people stamping me with Iron Nailed shoes.

Next, my grandparents arrived at the front of our house to take us to the airport, and...

"Hey Aria wake up! Heyy" my sister whisper shouts and shakes me hard

"WhAt tHe, mfphfmm" I try to shout at her but she shuts my mouth with her hand and the words come our muffled

" Shut your unholy mouth for a minute, we are in the Plane idiot. I woke you up because the food is here"

I realised I dozed off thinking about what happened and took her hands off my mouth

"Oh hehe, oops. And never wake me up like that ever again" I say and Glare at her

I take the food and stare at it for sometime...it looks...

"Woah, Aria, just see the food, it looks awesome, last time we ate Korean food was ages ago!" she exclaims

Well yeah, I am basically a half breed I can say. My father is a Korean, he came to America for working and all the usual stuff next... my parents fell in love, had me and my sis, and blah blah.

He had to go back to Seoul as his working Visa had ended. He promised us one day he will take us with him. He said in Seoul we will have a heppy life. The life i was living seemed good enough, until Dad went away.

"Do they celeberate Christmas in Seoul?" my sister asked

"Yeah but not much as here though. (or thats what I thought...Im not sure if its true, just for the book) One day I will take you guys there. The city is made of gold, and not reald gold it is... I guess you understood what I meant" my dad said.

I kind of understood what he meant. I imagined a place where every street is filled with people and energetic and warm, sunshines and rainbows unlike Alaska where its cold throughout the year and we can rarely get enough sun.

Even though that place is so cold, the people there are so warm, it is like they reflect that place and show us we dont need good environment or anything, the people there only describe a place.

Dad described Seoul as city paved in gold, well I hope the people there are made of gold too.

Please vote :)