2. Family Reunion

The plane comes the dark and grey clouds finally into blue sky and the sunshine. Everything feels fresh and new. This is the moment for me  where you dream of something for a very long time and it happens... I dreamed of going to Seoul from my childhood. This moment comes at last!

I am so ready for this. I worked so hard on my Korean- by at least seeing some dramas and talking with my dad often.

"I won't know what to say to anyone, I can't remember any Korean words, it's alright for you though,  you are so good at it!"  Raya says

"So are you," I tell her. " We will do fine there!"

"It won't be that easy there, there are so many accents to get to know"  mom reminds us.  "and your dad says Seoul has a strong one. But we will settle in, I know that"

We can't stay in the clouds forever, so now the plane descends towards Seoul, Incheon International Airport. Climbing down the plane, we step onto Korean soil. We collect our bags and go through all the immigration checks and we finally go past the gates.

Dad is standing there, waving at us, so madly, his face lifting up to the widest grin I had ever seen.

"Oh my god!!! Girls, finally!!! " We go and fall into his arms for a group hug after a very, very long time.

Nothing about Seoul is the way I thought it would be, but one thing for sure is, it is filled with super tall buildings and crowd for 24/7. Instead of blue skies and sunshine, the sky is fully covered with fog and endless snowing which goes into your skin.

It's December, and I know this season is like this but still expectations are expectations and it broke down for me *glass shattering sound*

It's very funny how a dream can quickly crumble down into pieces. The house that dad promised us turned out to be a small flat.

When we went inside the house which I expected to be the same as the exterior but whoa, dad had managed to renovate the house into heaven! It's just a simple two bedroom flat but it looks like he did a 'Small budget, BIG makeover!!'

It turns out that dad's business isn't making any profits at all... instead it is eating his time and savings.

"It is just some cash problem. I promise you a better and a proper house once defensively if my business goes on well" he explains

Even thought he faced loss in the company, he managed to remake the house into a near to perfect place we imagined, I don't complain and it will be good. Or thats what I tell myself...

I go to my bedroom, lie down and curl myself up on that creaky bed of mine and hear the sound of low whimpering of my sister.

The next day arrives and dad takes us to his workplace where he invited his colleagues and his family over for introducing us to them. We shake their hands, bow and smile until our faces hurt. I found out that he runs a business runs an agency that manages some Soloists and bands. Well, thats a unique thing he is doing.

He also talks about joining us in a school not far from here and that he already spoke to the Principal and we can join in even tomorrow.

"You will find everything different from home" one guy tells me "I really hated it at first"

"Just don't show them you are scared and be brave in front of the others" an another girl tells me

"Im really not scared!!" I argue with them. But they just looked at me, smiled, and went off like they knew better.

Well, maybe they really do!

꧁༺༒༻꧂

Thank you for reading...every time a view increases I feel more motivated...♡ I update mostly everyweek...so please wait