Ch. 2 Animal Lover

I leaned against a tree as I observed their training that they started after recovering. Mine was similar but at night inside the home father had build for me.

The Kamado boy was very determent to be stronger to beat Muzan however he was very soft yet. Well he had Sun Breathing, he could beat him easily if he knew all the correct forms.

I scratched my head as I walked closer to them as their attention came to me. They have met me a few times since I took care of Nezuko and secretly trained her too. She knew I was a demon and all, and agreed to keep the secret.

I helped them a bit and explained about constant breathing.
I didn’t know why but the blue haired boy was pretty handsome. He reminded me of a woman that Douma told me of, Kotoha was it?

He matched her description from the hair to eyes. At first glance people would think he was a ‘she’, but then I could see the sharpness of his eyes and jaw and how his features of his face made him look like a male.

***

Later that night I sat at my back veranda that was filled with fireflies and night lilies. the fireflies were very rare, the light was blue in place of yellow. The frogs at the pound were cricking as they played around.

I smiled blankly as I sipped my tea silently as I stared at the moon. It was big and full. The reason my Estate was called the Night Estate rather than the Moon estate was that how beautiful and unique it looked at night.

I sighed in defeat as I started working on the reports of last week’s mission.
Then a sudden feeling came over as my canines bared and my eyes widened into a sharp look. I realized as I looked at the full moon that turned a bit red in my point of view.

“Demon Month,” I growled as I grabbed my haori and jumped out my jard avoiding touching a wisteria since the cells were now crazy.

I entered the forest as the demonic aura turned stronger and saw a bear so I flung onto it breaking its neck as I sank my canines in its fur down to its flesh and ripped it off. The fur didn’t taste best to I spit it to the side as I ate the flesh as I drank the blood.

Then suddenly I smelled a human behind me, I turned to see the boy that looked like Kotoha, he hide his face behind a boar mask and his dual blades inside the sheath beside him. I sighed and continued hoping he didn’t recognize me.

“Moon Hashira.” He spoke and I froze realizing that he knew who I was, “why are you eating the bear?”

He took the boar head off and gave her a weird look. He crouched down as he inspected my face as blood streamed down my chin due to my desperate and messy eating.

He sighed and used a hand and grabbed my chin making me flinch. I didn’t like how he was too close to me as he whipped the blood of. His hand was pretty soft. I leaned into his touch as he cleaned my face.

“I don’t know,” I whispered as I closed my eyes as I sighed calmly, “they taste best.”

I didn’t realize how he took note of my words as I continued then used his blade to cut a few chunks. He handed me them as I thanked him eating.

“what’s your name?” I asked as we sat there together as he continued cutting the skin off.

He tossed a whole leg away as he finished taking the flesh off, “Hashibira Inosuke,” he muttered as he walked beside me and sat down, “I use Beast Breathing.”

I never heard of that kind of breathing technique was it self-taught? I got curious, something that wasn’t easy to happed to someone dull as myself.

I usually kept my distance to most Slayers aside from Master and Gyomei since my secret was a must. Even Giyuu who I was close with didn’t know the secret I carried. So to not accidently reveal it I preferred staying a bit far.

Later he escorted me back home as I whipped the blood off my hands, as reached my door of the estate. I nodded turning to him, “thank you again Inosuke.” I smiled.

He gave a small smile as he back up a bit, “can I live here?” he asked all of the sudden making me raise a brow, “I mean if you want to.”

My usual cold façade broke as I smiled, “sure!” I beamed a smile that I didn’t give for a while, “I’ll pick you up at the Butterfly Mansion tomorrow morning.”

He then thanked me and turned to leave towards the mansion.

***

“where are you going Inosuke?” I heard from the other side of the sliding door.

Another voice came, “I’m going to live at the Moon Estate.”

A short silence came.

“AAH?” I recognized the voice as from a kakushi that usually came to the Estate, “she usually never lets anyone enter!”

Just then a loud ‘crack’ came as I opened the door with a blank face, that face looked more like a glare to them. Then I gave him a menacing smile, “good Morning.”

The kakushi paled as he turned to me and bowed, “good morning Kitsuki-Sama!” he then got up and ran off.

My smile dropped as I placed the box down onto the wooden floor gesturing to Tanjiro that his sister was in. “Nezuko has been doing well, try and let her consume drinking beverages or soup.” I explained as I grabbed the bag of bag filled with Inosuke’s uniform and boar head.

I liked the aura Tanjiro carried, one kind and calm, he reminded me of my sister’s. his eyes were filled with determination and lively.

How could he look at me like that?

How could he after I technically helped end the Kamado lineage?!

I kept staring as I panicked and questioned what made him look at me so kind and thoughtful even if I made his sister a demon.

“Kitsuki-san?” Tanjiro called as he waved a hand before my eyes snapping me out of my train of thoughts.