ravioli and virginity

"thats why you dont get binders off of amazon, dumbass," ray scoffed, gesturing toward their best friend of 8 years who was obviously struggling with the dangerous and very painful metal of his binder. ray gave a chuckle before going back to mindlessly stabbing the ravioli they got from the university's questionable cafeteria (or 'q-caf', for short).

yoshi was ray's only friend, yet the opposite was untrue. due to his naturally outgoing nature (ray would blame the fact on him "being a leo"), yosh was quite the popular act. in a "you can come to me anytime!" sort of way and not the you-cant-sit-with-us kind.

yoshi huffed as he gave up and stubbornly pulled his shirt back down. "heyy, its not my fault im broke." yosh snatched the piece of silverware from his best friend's hand. "maybe if you were doing a little less charity work and a little more helping out your friend.."

"im not embezzling benjamins from the holiday candy gram fund," ray interrupted flatly.

yoshi gave his typical, toothy, hollywood-worthy smile. "thats okay- i'll just do it for you."

"touch that money and your shitty binder wont be the only thing damaging your body, yosh." ray snickered as yoshi cluched his imaginary pearls, faking offense.

"dont be mad because you need somebody to damage your body, you dirty lesbian. get your head out of those textbooks and in some gender nonconforming puss-"

"oookay, hot shot," ray interjected, growing embarassed at their friend's damn near supernatural talent for subconciously raising their voice only on the things they shouldnt say. "we know you get laid."

"on the daily," yoshi bragged, straightening his imaginary bowtie. ray laughed at the absurdity.

"oh please. as if i need sex. or a.. partner." ray cleared their throat. being in a relationship wasnt a thought completely lost on the bookworm. but relationships involve focusing on things other than exams and potential internships. and it involves romance. and ray does not do romance.. at least they dont think.

yoshi smirked at his friend who was so clearly thinking about what it would be like to be in another person's company. before they could continue bickering, the two friends' interaction was prematurely ended as the masculine half of the duo received a short, pointy-nailed tap on the shoulder.

reina. yoshi's far too toxic 'girlfriend'... not even he knows what title to give the girl.

knowing this meant goodbye, yoshi sighed and threw a soft punch to ray's shoulder.

"see you later, queer~ and, get a dating app. or something. easy bodies," yoshi winked.

ray rolled their eyes a lifted a palm in acknowledgment. they sighed as they heard reina complaining about her boy-toy's vulgarity, to which he responsed with a plethora of 'im sorry's and 'can i make it up to you's. "fucking himbo," ray thought.

packing up their things and pulling out a phone from their- obviously well-loved and worn- sweatpants' pocket, ray stared long and hard at their phone's app store icon. even considering the act of being on a dating app made the academic feel ridiculous, but the thought of being freshly 19 and still a virgin was much louder.

-

ray made it back to their dorm, showered, and checked the time.

8:41pm. friday night.

though they were never the type to do it in the first place, they couldnt help but think about all the sterotypical college student things they could be doing or getting ready to do. but no, theyre sitting on their bed, surrounded by anime posters, and making an account on some supposedly lgbtq+ friendly dating app 'Lovely'. the name alone was cause for another eye roll by ray.

after some time of setting up a profile- answering questions, setting preferences, adding selfies (something that they severely lacked in because "why would i waste time taking pictures of myself, yosh? i already know what i look like"- ray was staring at the homescreen of the app.

"swipe left and right? this is... oddly dehumanizing," ray thought out loud, already giving up. locking their phone and getting up to turn off the bedroom light, ray's phone lit up as it beeped. "what the hell.." they thought. it was immediately obvious that the notification came from the damn cupid app because who else would message them at this time? not the classmates they tutor, theyre probably pre-gaming for the bar that is perfectly and problematically placed right behind the university's campus. not their parents, they- uh.. long story. and definitely not yosh. by now he's knuckles deep in that bitch of a girlfriend apologizing for his sins.

settling back down in the mountain of pillows and various stuffed merchandise, ray winced as they read the notification text on their too bright phone screen.

'hellojackson has liked you!'

not even two seconds later, ray received another notification. this time, a message request from the same user. ray reluctantly opened the chat and scoffed.

New Message Request:

hellojackson: hello, creampuff ;)

----------

a/n (author's note): if youre reading this and youre not me what are u doing lmao. also yeah i stole the creampuff petname from carmilla bc i just finished rewatching it for the 11h or 12th time

n e ways new chapter up tomorrow most likely bc im bored and have no life hah xxoxoxoxoxo