Chapter 1

It was raining, hard. Unlike every other person here, tears were not falling from my eyes. Maybe I'm just rude and absently bare to the feelings I used to have with Hope. I no longer wished for her presence. Am I being rude? No, why would it be called rude if she did the unspeakable. Was I the reason why she wasn't here? That question is unknown. What she had done was either for the ending or, she just didn't know how I would react to her. 

She was always so vibrantly dull, does that even make sense? I don't know anymore. She was so unlike everyone else but was the same picture over an over again. I never thought she had it in her. To take her problems from everyone else. I may be cold hearted right now, but I know her heart is colder than mine. 

The funeral ended shortly. Everyone started to leave. All wearing black with tear stained faces. They looked at me in disgust. I did nothing to stop them. I guess from their side, I was the criminal and Hope was the victim. Did they even know the entire story? Or did they just not want to listen. 

I look up and see a small bird pecking the wet ground. I sigh, who knew it would be this way. She in other peoples eyes didn't deserve this. To others, I should be the one 6 feet under. I think that was her plan all along. She couldn't keep going. Even if there was a way out. She didn't have a good enough grip to get out. 

The sky was gloomy, as I made my way out from under the gazebo. It was put up because of the rain. When it started I mean it started. It down poured. Hard. I put up my umbrella and walked. I was wearing a black long sleeve lace dress that ended right above my knees, with some black wedges. My hair was neatly done in a low bun with a few strands leaking out. I had my favorite black gloves on, they also were lace but you couldn't see through them. It was your typical gloomy rainy funeral. Thats how she would have wanted it to be. So iconic.

I just walked. And walked. Until I found myself in front of the only person I trusted for most of my life's house. I felt the bile rise in my throat. What she did was terrible. I should probably tell. I glance to a window I knew what room it led to, but I didn't see anything. My face fell back into its expressionless facade. Biting my lip, I held back my tears just as the front door crept open. My eyes widened as my eyes darted up to see who it was. 

"Ember?" The voice said. I knew it! I knew it was him! He started walking to me from his front door and onto his porch, "Ember are you okay its pouring out".

I couldn't even speak, I just ran and dropped my umbrella. The rain was just a minor reason why I couldn't see. My vision was so blurry because of my own tears. I didn't want to run back into my house. It was an easy way for him to get to me, if he even tried. So I ran and I ran. I had no idea why I kept running, I couldn't see, I was soaking wet, my feet ached, and all I had wanted to do was lie down and watch some anime. 

I rested at a nearby park there was a little bit of shelter from the rain. I look up and tuck my wet hair behind my ear. I bet I look like a pretty princess now. I chuckle to myself before dropped to my knees as my heart ached for her. I missed her. I .. . I really missed her. 

On my way home. I visited my real parents cemetery. Note that I said "real parents". They were never around when I was young only because I wasn't what they wanted. They wanted a boy. But I like to think they actually wanted me. My so called parents don't think very much of me. Though I try. They were the rich family that saved a poor little girl like me, when I was eight. They had a son who got along with me well. Although I had only known him for nine years now. I have never thought of him as a friend or even a brother. He has always been there, and helped but not really helped. He is like my other half. The one who saved me from self harm. Not that I cut myself but it almost came to.

My name is Ember Woods, and this is my story.