FIVE

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Inside of Benzo's shop sat Levi on a wooden crate. His knee bounces while he's leaned over with his hands folded together. The door across the room bangs as someone outside tries to open it, but it's locked. Levi looks up at the noise. The person kicks the door and the glass and doorknob falls off and breaks. Levi stands up ready to face the MP's and turn himself in.

The door opens and Levi's eyes connect with Vander's and Benzo's.

"Vander?"

"We don't have much time." Vander sighs.

"How did you find me?"

"I'm proud of you. Always have been." Vander walks to the boy placing his hands on Levi's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, I. . . This is the only way to protect the others."

"Vander!" Benzo shouts hearing dogs barking in the distance outside the shop.

"You've got a good heart. Don't ever lose it. No matter how the world tries to break you. Protect the family."

"What are you-" Levi grunts as Vander pushes him back.

"No." Levi falls as Vander gives him one more shove past a door to a backroom of the shop.

Vander locks the door and rests his head on the door.

"Vander. Let me out. This isn't right." Levi calls out banging on the door to open up.

"I'm guessing that's for me." Sheriff Grayson says behind Vander.

Vander backs up and looks to the entrance of the shop finding Grayson, Marcus and a couple other MP's. Marcus walks past the sheriff and to the door pulling out a pair of hand cuffs. Vander stands in his way stopping him.

"Yo gonna let us make the arrest or not?" Marcus says becoming irritated.

"You'll oblige a doomed man one last smoke." Vander lights a match and pulls out his pipe.

Grayson's eyes grew wide at Vander's words.

"Won't you?" Vander puffs.

"I'm not putting you away, Vander." Grayson moves Marcus out of the way to talk to Vander.

"The court needs its pound of flesh."