What to do with another one of You.

Keira POV

I strutted lazily on my way to Takeshi's, my badminton racket that I got from him tapping my shoulder lightly to the beat of a listless tune I whistled.

I don't remember where it came from, or what the words mean but it is a sweet catchy tune.

Take me out to the ball game I hummed quietly, swinging my racket down, now just laxly tapping it against the tips of my shoes with every measured step.

I looked up into the orange of the almost setting sun, smiling ever so slightly.

Ilovethis I though to my self, OfalltheplacesIhavebeen, andtheplacesIremember, this, thiskindafeelslikehome

Not everyone sees it, but I notice so much more than I get credit for, I like it though, since nobody thinks I can see the things they try and hide, I can see the loneliness in Sasuke's eyes and how he always acts tough and angry all the time so no one sees his vulnerable side, or how Sakura desperately wants to be strong for him but doesn't know quite how and that weighs her down, Naruto who has no family left and even now is still shunned by others, Kakashi who has done unspeakable deeds in his rough life as a powerful ninja.

Sometimes I just wish that I could figure them all out, read back through their pasts and personalities like pages of a book, I can understand books, people are so much more difficult.

Knock knock knock

"Oh Takeshiii!!!" I grinned, today was supposed to be one of his last days off before the exams, and that stupid exam-y thingy coming up tomorrow.

"...Its unlocked!" A muffled voice hollered, barely compromisable through the door.

"Hey! You have today off right? Let's play a round of badminton!!" I smiled greeting Takeshi with a wave as I entered.

"Hey," he laced up his shoes, turning to me with a guilty look on his face.

I sighed, looking down "Its fine, your busy, I get it..." I looked back up and grinned sadly.

"Don't be like that, Keira. I mean I have a hour to chill before I set off to escort the incoming clan for the Chunin exams." He patted the spot next to him on the couch, I deliberately ignored his invitation and sat across the coffee table.

"Another volunteer mission?" I looked at him, a mix of me concealing my anger and disappointment.

"Yeah...." He scratched the back of his head and grinned halfheartedly. "They are short on people, you know how it is..."

"No I don't Takeshi," I crossed my arms, finally seeing the deep bags under his bloodshot eyes. "You are wringing yourself dry here, I'm sure they can suffice with the other slacking rookies, some of them barely do anything at all!"

He sighed, obviously not in the mood "Keira, can we not argue about this now ok?" His mouth was in a tight line, and I bit my lip, twiddling with my thumbs absentmindedly.

"I, I just worry is all," I grinned and stood, "I am gonna make some tea ok? At this rate, you will be out halfway there."

He grinned and I started to heat the water up.

"So what's new? How is the training? Are they being good to you?" He got that overprotective look in his eye and I scoffed, turning back around to face his cabinets in search for tea leaves.

"Its fine, they are pretty ok, I mean, annoying as hell, but nice" I smiled wistfully, that about sums up every friendship I could ever have.

"Oh really?" He snorted "That's a common trait here." We both shared and quick snicker.