Chapter 3

Chandrakant's POV

I heard him shout, "Ayeeee Pakdaaaa", guess who's caught?

I look at Shubham who was hiding under the computer table near the door in front of me 6 steps away.

The entire school felt dead quiet after his voice.

I gave Shubham a gesture and said, "Guess someone's caught"

"Lagta toh hai" he answered tightening his hands on his jacket that he brought with him but wasn't wearing.

Footsteps got closer and closer to us and they stopped on the door. Maybe Nikhil was here. The door slammed open and Nikhil spelled, "Come Out, Come Out wherever you are"

He started searching under the tables now.

Shubham wanted to move, and so did I.

I knew it was the time we're to be caught.

I started crawling slowly behind Nikhil's back, heading to the door and Shubham started too.

Shubham moved more slowly and steadily than me, therefore Nikhil turned around..

Shi-

"Hehe Boii", he gave a wide smile.

I was caught so the only thing I could do was moving my hands repeatedly in a weird manner, "OoOoH! No YoU GOT ME nIkHILLLL", I shouted a little.

"Yeah, uhm... Jaake neeche khara ho jao, Sujata aur Purvi ka saath", he pointed his thumb.

As expected from the sounds, he caught Sujata and Purvi. Shubham was still there sitting still and I had to save him somehow.

"Let's go downstairs then", I said as I caught Nikhil's arm to get him away.

He instantly shook it off and gave me a suspicious look, "Hmm.... Khud Jao..."

"Tum saath chalo na", I tried to say as least suspicious I could sound with a smile.

He gave me an 'irritated look' and said,

"It's not working you know, I think there's someone else here too"

Shit

I ducked a little and eyes Shubham behind Nikhil hoping he would understand I want him to get out.

I instantly pulled Nikhil to the opposite side from the door, but when he resisted we heard it.

Shubham got out and instead of going out slowly he f'ing 'ran'.

There's a difference between slow and fast, right?

I thought to myself when the last vision I had of Nikhil was running after the sound out the door.

I tried to chase after them but saw Shubham stopped 10 metres away from us in a 'Jacket'.

Jacket?

When did he had a jacket?

Wait... Is he using some tactic?

The same thoughts were probably running in Nikhil's mind because he was just standing there frozen.

Shubham tilted his head behind a little and made a sound that sounded like a smirk echoing in the hallway.

He started running up to the 3rd floor followed by Nikhil and I.

Metal gates being closed hit our ears when we almost reached the last step to the 3rd floor.

Shubham was now wearing a mask with the hoody jacket which made it impossible to see his face clearly. He tied a rope from his jacket on the metal lock and locked himself on the 3rd floor.