chapter 1

The battle was intense as Mayura fought Ladybug and Chat Noir. Previously, Shadowmoth alone had been terrorizing the streets of Paris, but Nathalie recovered from her illness, and was able to use the Peacock miraculous once again.

Mayura was able to shake Ladybug and Chat Noir from trailing her, and was now standing atop a building and looking down at the city. Her current job was to protect the re-akumatized Jagged Stone, who was now "Guitar Villain", as he attempted to take the miraculouses of the two heroes.

Mayura watched as Guitar Villain shot waves of sound at the Parisian heroes, and they dodged each blast with ease in a tight alleyway. Ladybug effortlessly used her yo-yo to fling the akumatized guitar into the air, and Chat jumped against the wall of a building, pushing himself up to lunge in the air at the guitar with a Cataclysm in hand. Quickly, Mayura jumped from the  building before Chat could reach the guitar and slammed him to the ground.

Ladybug rushed Mayura but she dodged the attack and quickly kicked Guitar Villain's instrument over to him. Ladybug pulled out her Lucky Charm, resulting in Chat Cataclysming a nearby beam, which caused bricks to fall into the alley and separated Mayura from Guitar Villain.

Chat Noir smashed the guitar in heroic fashion, and Ladybug caught the akuma, waving goodbye to the now white butterfly. Mayura knew she wouldn't be able to defeat the two alone, and quickly fled the scene.

Mayura hid in the sewer and detransformed. Nathalie left the sewer and fed Duusu some fancy mints with the Agreste branding on the wrapper that sat in her office. Nathalie herself was pretty hungry, but she decided not to stop for food because she knew Gabriel would be awaiting her arrival. She certainly wasn't looking forward to going back to the Agreste mansion either, because she hated to see how  upset Gabriel was each time he failed.

Lately, Gabriel's mood had been even worse than normal, and Nathalie couldn't quite pinpoint why. She just hoped that he could feel better, and did anything she could to ensure that. He was her beloved boss, after all.

She hopped into her black Porsche that she had parked in the lot of a nearby Walgreens, put the key in the ignition, and sped off towards the Agreste Mansion.

Nathalie unlocked the front door with her passcode and entered the house. She walked up the grand stairs to her office to set down her bags and left the room to go to find Gabriel. She wanted to apologize for failing her mission and then go check on Adrien, who should have just returned from his fencing class.

Recently Gabriel gave Nathalie the ability to enter the Hawkmoth lair on her own, so she snuck to the room and checked there, only finding a mass of butterflies, and no Gabriel.

Nathalie walked around looking for Gabriel until she passed by a bar area in the mansion, where she found Gabriel sitting against the wall with a bottle of liquor in his hand and his head down.

"Sir are you alright?" Nathalie said with concern in her voice.

"What did I tell you about calling me sir? Don't worry about me Nathalie, I'm fine." Gabriel responded, looking up at the distressed Nathalie.

"I'm just so sorry I couldn't do better out there, I failed you...Gabriel."

He sat up straight and looked up at the ceiling. "You didn't fail me, I've fucked this whole thing up! I have to get those damn Miraculouses," Gabriel yelled through shaky breaths, "I have to get them for Adrien! I have to bring her back for him!" Gabriel stood up and threw the bottle at a nearby wall.

"Gabriel, I just want to help you feel better." Nathalie pleaded as she grabbed Gabriel's hand.

Gabriel grabbed Nathalie's shoulders and looked into her eyes. He wore no glasses and Nathalie could clearly see his wild eyes. He was certainly drunk, but as wild as his grey eyes were at the moment, hints of deep pain and agony shone through them. They seemed as if they were subtly pleading for help.

Gabriel swiftly turned Nathalie and shoved her against the wall. He snaked his long hands down to her waist. Gabriel aggressively kissed her lips, Nathalie bringing her arms to his shoulders. His breath was strong with the scent of alcohol. Nathalie, being in the moment, kissed back passionately. As Gabriel tried to push his tounge into her mouth Nathalie pulled away. She was so caught up in the moment that she didn't realize sooner that this wasn't right.

"Gabriel, we shouldn't be doing this, you're not in the right headspace." She said with a quiet voice. She enjoyed the moment, but couldn't allow herself to continue because she knew it wasn't right.

"Yes Nathalie, you're right, I'm sorry." Gabriel said in his normal tone, quickly rebounding from what just happened. He walked away at a brisk pace unfazed, almost as if nothing happened and he wasn't completely upset and crazy drunk before.

Nathalie sighed deeply and cleaned up the broken bottle that remained shattered on the floor. Nathalie sulked to her room, turned off the lights, and curled up on her couch.

She desperately wanted to forget that today's events ever happened, but secretly wanted to remember how Gabriel's touch felt against her body. This was something she had been dreaming of since she began working for him.

He had recently opened up to her more and let her in on his secret double life, and she so badly wanted to take the Miraculouses of Ladybug and Chat Noir because she hated failure and only wanted to see Gabriel and Adrien happy.

As it grew darker outside, Nathalie pulled a blanket over herself and fell asleep, meeting a happy and affectionate Gabriel in her dreams.
__________________________________________________________________
Word Count: 981