Chapter 6 Inversion

"ARTEMIS!" Shido, Dream, and Shogun screamed in shock.

"Mana, w-why did you do that?" Shido asked Mana as he yelled.

"Sorry Nii-sama, it's my job," Mana replied with an almost unremorseful face, "besides, I am used to it."

"Used to it?!" Shido said to her.

"WHY YOU!?" Shogun screamed in rage, "THAT IS MY BEST FRIEND, M-MY PARTNER!"

In her rage, Shogun started to float in a menacing way as black substances emerged from her body and started covering her from her legs and kept going.

"Shido, Dream, we detected an enormous amount of negative energy coming from Shogun. What the hell happened?" Kotori through the earplugs.

"Artemis, h-he was killed by Mana. She slashed his head off." Dream said to Kotori.

"WHAT?! This is bad, her negative energy is building up fast. If we let this keep going, she'll turn Inverse." Kotori warned them all.

"Inverse?" Dream and Shido asked Kotori.

"Inverse is when a spirit turns evil," Kotori answered their question, "It's really bad news if she turned into one, since she'll become more powerful than before, and turning her back is kind of difficult."

"Don't worry, I'll handle this." Dream said as he summoned his giant clock, took out a shuriken from his bag, and pointed them at the 4th number as crimson smoke went into the shuriken, "Dalet."

Dream then enlarged his shadow, and from it emerged dozens of Dream clones. All of them floated surrounding Mana.

"All of you, surround Mana and keep her busy." Dream commanded his clones

"ROGER!" All of them said in unison as they surrounded Mana.

Mana, still in awe then managed to snap out of it and said, "Hey, hey, What is thi-"

Before she can finish, Dream's clones produced shurikens from their bags and threw them at Mana, raining her with dozens of shurikens. Some shurikens managed to hit her but she managed to activate her territory in time before more could hit her.

"Ouch. That hurts y'know," Mana said as she was trying to keep her focus, " But still, Impressive."

"Come back, Shogun!" Dream yelled as he threw the shuriken at the floating Shogun.

The shuriken Dream threw then flew towards the floating Shogun at a blinding speed. But then he realized that he was too late. As the shuriken he threw was approaching her, it was swatted by Shogun's own hands as the black substance managed to fully cover her body. The substance then evaporated and Shogun's appearance changed drastically, her once baby blue eyes are replaced by a dark blue one. Her clothing became much darker toned than before, including the shoulder plate which is now colored in dark blue and crimson red. Her water belt and the knot behind her back turned into the color of blood and the majority of her back is now exposed by her new Astral Dress.

"Oh no, Shogun turned Inverse," Kotori said to Dream and Shido, "This is going to be a pain to deal with."

"Hope has left this world," The inverted Shogun said in a creepy tone, "Happiness will come to an end and it soon will become an illusion."

She then raised her arm and yelled, "ASMODEIA!."

Right after she said that, an ominous dark blue crossbow appeared in her hand that emits a crimson red aura much like the vapor of blood. In a blinding speed she then pulled the crossbow's string and shot a Reiryoku arrow towards Mana. The Dream clones that were surrounding her immediately dispersed. The arrow hits Mana's territory and destroys it instantly. The inverse Shogun shot another projectile but Mana managed to dodge the attack in time. She then appeared beside Mana and kicked her in the waist. Surprised by the incoming attack and unable to do anything, she was sent flying to the side and hit the ground 50 meters from her place. Her armor was damaged and she coughed up blood. She looked up and saw Shogun begin floating menacingly above the ground.