1┊𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐬

In the year 2025, things were starting to evolve.

One of them is the fact that perhaps Tessa's child could be saved. After giving birth to it, the doctors figured that the child only had a few minutes before it could die completely. Tessa didn't want her firstborn child to die, so she had no choice but to genetically modify her genes to cure her child.

As a Havenglow, one of the richest families in the world, it was no problem for them to waste so much money to save their family. It was right too. She didn't want to lose her, since she was made by the blood, sweat, and tears of Tessa.

As Mace and Tessa were waiting in their room, the doctor suddenly came in with their child. "Mister and Mrs. Havenglow... here is your child..." The doctor bowed in respect as he gave the child to Tessa.

The Havenglow couple both looked at their child. They both gasped as she was extremely pretty for her age. She also opened her eyes, and it was a warm brown color.

"She's... so pretty," Tessa smiles while kissing the child's forehead. "I'm glad you're alive..."

"What'll be her name?" Mace asked.

"How about... Genesis Solace," Tessa nodded, and the baby started to bite her hands, and Tessa giggled while slowly stopping her. "Genesis Solace Havenglow~"

Genesis stared at her and smiled as if understanding already. Suddenly, the doctor took Genesis away. The Havenglow couple looked at him in confusion. "I'm sorry, but... the scientists that helped have decided to keep the child for research. You see, due to the genetic modification, she had grown prettier, more intelligent, and much more than any other human. The scientists will now test with your child, but don't worry — we'll give her back."

"When?" Tessa asked in worry.

"Soon, Mrs. Havenglow," the doctor smiled before leaving

And that was the last memory of her parents in Genesis' advanced and complex mind. Years have already passed and she was now used to her environment — inside a locked room full of windows and lights, always being observed. It was a new day already, and Genesis got out of bed as always

She yawned while going to the table and sitting there. She then fixed her eyes until finally, they adjusted, and her food came. She began eating while a voice spoke in the speaker. It came from a female scientist named Olivia.

"Genesis, after eating, please get ready for the extraction of your blood." Olivia said.

"Yeah, sure," Genesis nodded while eating some more. She had gotten so used to this that it was getting boring. From the day she was born until 18 years into the future, she was trapped in a room all by herself. Even if others came in, they don't interact with her a lot.

She sighed while starting to dream about the outside world. She had only seen it on the TV she had when watching National Geographic.

When she finished eating, she sat in the middle of the room and waited. The scientists then came in, and they surrounded her while extracting some of her blood. She grunted a little while watching as her blood got sucked out of her. They then placed a bandaid while another one placed a cake on her table.

"What's that?" Genesis pointed at the cake. No one seemed to notice her though, and she just frowned. When they left, she peered at the cake and saw it saying something. "Happy 18th birthday, Genesis Solace... from, Mom and Dad!" Genesis smiled while admiring the cake. "Aww~ thank you, Mom and Dad~"

"Genesis, please proceed to the Training Room for your strength test," Olivia suddenly said, and that made Genesis frown again. She then stomped her way to the Training Room, which was outside. The door was already unlocked for her, which was good.