The Little Princess

"Good morning Mrs. Brush!", the Little Princess says excitedly as she sits down in her favorite chair: A cloudlike puffy pink cushion, four golden-silver legs, and a multicolored opalescent cushioned seashell backrest, decorated with her favorite jewels, which change upon her command; after all, she is a princess, and this is her magical kingdom! "Good morning sweetheart!" Mrs. Brush replied, "Are you ready? Today could be the big day! Today you might meet Prince Charming! Let's get that hair fixed right up!" The Little Princess smiles in reply, and gazes into the mirror at her reflection, "Of course I am ready, I am a princess after all!" The mirror sits atop a beautiful pink seashell dresser, complete with a small mannequin head on which a golden opalescent seashell tiara rests, complete with amethyst jewels aligning the sides, anxiously waiting to be adorned by the Little Princess. Tiara notices the Little Princess looking in the mirror and says, "I can't wait for you to wear me, you're going to look so beautiful! How will Prince Charming be able to resist falling in love?!" With a gleeful smile the Little Princess replies, "I can't wait to put you on too! I'm going to be such a beautiful princess!" she says as the closet forcefully swings open. Jealous Gown has overheard this conversation and retorts interruptingly, "Whoa, wait a minute! You have to wear me too! Just look how beautiful I am!" Jealous Gown is indeed beautiful: Adorned with streams of gold and silver glitter running down the length of the opalescent emerald silk dress, complete with pearly white seashells at the neck and waist, something the famous Princess Ariel would surely wear; the only dress fit for this Little Princess, obviously. With cheerful glee, Mrs. Brush begins her work while Jealous Gown floats, swirls, and whisks around the Little Princess, magically dressing her by materializing over the Disney Princess pajamas she wore to bed, replacing them with the gown in a flash of brilliant rainbow light. After Mrs. Brush finishes her work, Tiara lifts from its resting place, and gently sits comfortably snug upon the Little Princess's head, adorning her; the prince will surely take notice, the Little Princess's outfit is complete, and she is ready to be swept off her feet. KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK! The castle vibrates with the echoing sound, signifying the arrival of the prince. Excitedly, the Little Princess thanks Mrs. Brush, Tiara, and Jealous Gown for helping her prepare, and rushes down the stairs to meet her potential Prince Charming. She swings the door open to find a prince standing stoic, yet smiling, and then she notices something odd, he is holding a broom. With a confused look she asks inquisitively, "Why do you have a broom?" Prince Charming's smile changes into a grin, taking note of the beautiful princess before him he replies, "To sweep you off your feet, what else? Duh!" And they lived happily ever after.

©2021 Sean Riedel