Chapter 5

You still couldn't believe that you were going to plan the cast dinner for the Avengers movie. The past couple of weeks was getting your business prepared. That was making a website and turning half your apartment building into an office. Allison helped you find places where they could give you decorations and supplies at good prices and you created business cards and finalized your website. You hadn't seen Jeremy for the past couple of weeks but then again he too had a life and a busy one at that. 

The reality of you planning this dinner was sent in stone when you received a text from an unknown number. 

You smile and tell Allison who was sitting by you at her desk, that you both were in business

You smile and tell Allison who was sitting by you at her desk, that you both were in business. You then get a knock at the door. You go to open it and see Jeremy standing there with a grin. 

"You know you don't have to knock right." You say letting him. 

"What kind of gentleman would I be if I didn't. Anyways have you heard anything?"

"Yeah, I just heard from him. We are in business!" You say jumping up and down. "Jeremy thank you again."

"Hey, my pleasure, and I think this calls for a celebration. What about dinner?" 

When Allison heard this, she quickly bailed when she realized she had a date. "Oh my gosh, I completely forgot that I have a date and it's in an hour." Allison gets out of her chair as fast as lightning and grabs her stuff rushing out the door. "See you tomorrow you two." With that, she is out the door. 

"You still wanna go out for dinner?"

You think for a moment then smiled. "Sure I would love to. What time?"

"Pick you up maybe...5:30?" 

"See you then." 

The two of you say your goodbyes and Jeremy leaves the apartment. You go back and check your emails to see a very long one. Well, they haven't wasted any time. You think to yourself as you read through the email. You make a couple of notes and by the time you were finished, you saw that it was 4:30. 

You quickly panic and shit your laptop and rush to your room. You look through your dresses and find a lilac dress with silver designs on the skirt. You race into the bathroom and take a shower, relaxing under the warm water as it ran down your back. Once you finished showering, you got out and dried yourself. You changed into the dress and did your make-up. It was simple but cute. You styled your hair, leaving it out in curls. You slip on some simple silver heals and grab a small side bag, placing anything you would need.

You just walked back into the living room when Jeremy walked into the apartment. He's wearing a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and jacket. He smiles at you and looks you up and down.

"Wow, you look gorgeous," Jeremy says.

"Aww, thanks. Shall we get going?" 

He nods and walks out of the apartment you are following, locking the door behind you. You felt your phone buzz but ignored it. He helps you into his car before getting in himself. The two of you have been driving for half an hour before I finally asked the question. 

"Where are we even going?" You asked. 

"We are here now." He smiles as he parks the car. 

He gets out and comes around your side, helping you out. Before you were a beautiful small restaurant. It was fancy but simple at the same time. Does that make sense or even exist? The two of you walked to a table and ordered. That night was filled with laughter and stories. You were enjoying yourself so much and you didn't seem stressed with this whole event thing you were planning. It seemed all the bad thoughts and worries you had seemed to have drifted away with every laugh. Jeremy had excused himself to go the bathroom and at that moment, you decided to see what that text was from earlier while he was in the bathroom. 

You felt your entire world fall apart

You felt your entire world fall apart. You placed your phone on the table, tears in your eyes though you willed them not to fall. Jeremy then came back and noticed your blank saddened expression. He grabbed his chair and moved it so he was closer to you. 

"Katie, you ok?" Jeremy asked, concern written all over his face. 

You shake your head and show this the conversation between your ex-husband. Jeremy reads through it and shakes his head. He tells you to get your stuff and you do just that walking out of the restaurant, Jeremy's arm around you. 

"Once you were out of the restaurant, you broke down in tears. "How could he do this!?" You cried. 

Jeremy pulls you into a hug and you cry into his shoulder, holding into his tightly. "It's ok, Katie." 

Jeremy continues to hug you until you had fully calmed down. He guided you back to the car and helped you. The entire drive back to your apartment, he was holding your hand, as silent tears slowly rolled down your face occasionally. You finally reached your apartment and the two of you walked up the stairs and into the apartment. 

"I'm sorry for ruining tonight." You say quietly. 

"Hey, doesn't matter. What matters is making sure you are alright." Jeremy says with a genuine smile. 

"I want to thank you for tonight though. The part before the whole 'my ex is taking my daughter overseas' event happened. I haven't had that much fun with someone who isn't Allison in a long time."

"I enjoyed myself too," Jeremy says.

He gives you a hug and this one lasted for a little longer than your usual regular hugs. When the two of your part, you look into each other's eyes. His hands rest on your waist as yours rest on his chest. He starts to lean in to kiss you, his eyes closing slightly. You then start to absent-mindedly lean in, closing your eyes fully. After what seemed like forever, your lips meet in the middle into a sweet kiss. His arms around your waist, pull you closer as your arms wind out the back of his neck. You both finally broke away, your forehead lightly touching. 

"I'll see you tomorrow." He says finally, placing a kiss on your forehead before leaving the apartment. 

You go to your bedroom and flop onto the bed. You were very shocked that he kissed you and that you kissed him. You guys were just friends....right?