⁰⁵ ˛˛ FORMER VOLLEYBALL PLAYER!? ゙

CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE.

THE MORNING SKY filled with a fresh fragrance, the sun rays flashing against the horizon as it painted orange and pink hues throughout the region. An old man was found sitting at a rather small table as he blew on his hot coffee that was placed in his favourite mug. His sombre irises followed the strides of his angsty high schooler daughter who was leaving the premises of their residence, about to go to school.

He couldn't help but feel an odd emotion within the depths of his stomach as his heart pounded against his ribcage ever so slightly. He sighed in frustration before placing the mug down. "Are you certain that Y/N needs therapy?" He queried, his attention brought to his wife who was getting dressed.

She creased her brows — whirling to gawk at the man as she stroked the sides of her revealing dress. "What kind of question is that?"

He grunted, his slender fingers tapping against his arm as he watched her attempt to zip her dress up. "I think it's unnecessary — after all, Y/N is already an adult. I'm sure she can cope by herself." He gave his reasoning, even though it sounded like absolute bullshit to her ears.

Her arms ached from being behind her back for too long as she gave up and turned to meet his eyes that were boring through her exposed back. "Do you not care for your daughter and what's best for her? After all, I found a decent therapist for her."

He felt an irk mark appear on his forehead as he stood up, the bathrobe hanging loosely around his shoulders as he walked up to her. "Iwaizumi Hajime. I don't trust him."

She felt anger slightly rise from the words that left his lips, she was about to argue back but before she could do so — she felt his cold fingertips brushing against her back as he zipped up her dress for her.

She cleared her throat, feeling a little awkward and uncomfortable from his touch. It's been a while since they've last been sensual with one another.

"He's the best therapist recommended to us. I want to give our daughter the best, so we'll see how well he does." She muttered, her eyes cast down to the lacquered tiles.

A sigh left his agape lips as he walked towards their closet, finding the right attire for himself. He knew he couldn't reason with his wife because of how stubborn she is — but it's worth a shot.

"I don't trust Iwaizumi Hajime, and I don't want him anywhere near our daughter." He spoke boldly, grabbing the attention of his wife as her eyes stare right at him through the large vanity.