Chapter 3: Battle

Your POV

I can feel excitement surging through my veins. The long awaited hero training I've been waiting for since the day I was born! I contained my excitement as I didn't want anyone to know that I was so excited for this and that I had prepared beforehand.

I clenched my fist, trying my best not to crack a smile. The excitement was too much for my body to handle. I don't think I've ever been this excited for anything!

Oh, and can I just say that Midoriya's costume is just funny in general? But not gonna lie, it looks exactly like All Might. Big fan, I suppose. I shouldn't judge him, though.

"Time for Battle Trial!" All Might's booming voice snapped me out of my trance. I stood straight as the others gathered in front of him.

"Sir!" Iida raised his hand up in a class monitor style. I was startled by his hero costume, at one point I didn't realize it was Iida until he spoke.

"This is the arena for the entrance exam. Are having another mock battle?" Iida's voice is very steady as he spoke, hand still in the air.

"No, it's more than that." All Might raised two fingers up. For some reason.

"Even though battles usually happen outdoor, but statistic tells us that villains are more likely to act indoor. Imprisonment, kidnapping, illegal trade. In this society full of heroes, the real cunning enemies work in the dark."

'Woah...All Might is so cool!' I awed. If there were stars in my eyes because of how astonished I was there probably is.

"You will be divided into Villain and Hero, you will fight as 2vs2."

"A basic training is not required?" Asui questioned, head tilting a bit.

"This is a practice to understand the basics." All Might clenched his fist, his infamous smile never leaving his face even for a split second. Sometimes I ponder how he manages to keep his smile up.

"However, you're not facing robots that can be destroyed." he added on.

"How do we win?" by making the opposite team lose, duh.

"Can I kick someone's ass?" as long as it's not Midoriya, yeah.

"Any punishment like Mr. Aizawa's?" nah All Might is cooler than Mr. Aizawa in terms of punishment.

"How will you split the group?" did he have his hand up this entire time?

"Isn't this a magnificent cape?" definitely.

'Hey, hey...one at a time.' I deadpanned seeing All Might's face when he was bombarded with questions.

"Listen up." he pulls out a flashcard and began reading it, making me facepalm.

"Villains have hidden a nuclear weapon somewhere in the building, and heroes need to eliminate this threat. Heroes have to capture villains or retrieve the weapon, and villains need to protect the weapon or capture the heroes within the time limit."

'Alright. Seems simple enough.'

All Might then showed us a yellow box with "Lots" written on it. "Your partner and opponents will be decided via lucky draw!"

"Are you serious?"

"I think it's because Pro Heroes always have to pair with heroes from other agency." Midoriya explained, copying his manners from before. I chuckled a bit.

"That's also true. Thinking ahead..." he then proceeded to give the Pro Hero a bow. "Pardon my interruption!"

I sweatdrop. 'You are way too respectful.'