Chapter Five

On the way to rock climbing, Sydney got stopped.

The staff didn't really care that she was there, but the head office did. And when the entire bunk, including Sydney passed by the office on the way to rock climbing, they noticed her easily.

It was Beatrice who walked out and stopped the entire group. "Hey, what are doing here?" She asked, mostly in confusion but a little bit in anger, too.

The twenty year old shrank back nervously. "Uh… I'm a…"

"Rover," One of the counsellors, named Sabrina, stepped in. Then, she turned to her and raised an eyebrow. "You are a rover, right? I mean, that's why you're with my bunk."

She nodded, trying to make sure no one saw her exhale sigh of relief. "Yeah, I am. A few of the girls from this bunk must really like me, for some reason." She finished with a shrug.

Beatrice nodded, believing it. "Alright, just… well, you know you're rover, so don't just stay with one cabin, alright?" And with that, she went back inside to continue working.

"Have you ever rock climbed before?" Demi asked, catching up to the two Sydney's.

The older one nodded. "I've competed in competitions and it aways seems to help me calm down. To think."

The younger Sydney's eyes lit up in excitement. "Same here! I love it so much, although I haven't competed yet. I'm thinking of going for it, though." 

You will, and then you'll win your first competition, Sydney said to herself silently. It was starting to become a bit weird that two versions of herself were in existence currently, and that she knew everything that was going to happen to the other one. In a way, she felt pain for her, because her life right now was completely innocent. Younger Sydney truly had nothing to worry about for the next nine years or so.

"I can't wait to show you how fast I can climb the most advanced wall," The innocent girl said, dragging both older Sydney and Demi along.

Demi scoffed. "Show off!"

Past Sydney stuck her tongue out at her friend. "You're just madly jealous that I can rock climb and you can't even make it past the beginner's wall!!"

Demi crossed her arms, trying to hide the obvious embarrassment that was written on her face. "Oh please, try mastering arts and crafts or pottery."

"I guess we're fair then," She replied with a shrug.

Finally, the group reached the rock climbing wall and Sydney watched as all the ten year old girls escaped from the two counsellors and herself to go get a harness. Sydney walked up the steps to the area and sat on the wooden bench behind the most advanced wall, ready to watch her younger self climb it. She felt a swell of pride rush through her, knowing that she could accomplish that.

"Are you watching?" The ten year old Sydney hollered, and the present Sydney node eagerly. Then, she look intently as she literally climbed up the entire wall within a minute and a half. Once she reached the top, the twenty year old clapped.

"My god, you're unbelievable!" She exclaimed, already knowing that.

The ten year old came to the ground, then took off her harness and rushed over to Sydney. She took a bow, giggling intensely. "I knew you'd think that. I'm not trying to sound like a show off, but I'm better than a lot of older girls."

"I bet you are," Sydney nodded in agreement.

The young girl sat down next to her and spoke again. "So are you really a rover?"

Sydney shrugged. "Well, why not? I've been all around the camp today, literally."

Younger Sydney shrugged. "Okay, if you say so. Do you live around here, or?"