Prologue-Audrey

Elliot could feel his heart swell in pride and love for the woman standing in front of him, looking effortlessly beautiful in the dark blue knee-length gown she wore. Her slender curves properly emphasized, she caught his sight through the full-length mirror in their room and gave him a smile acknowledging his presence.
He took little strides to where she stood taking her in once more, no matter how hard he tried, he could not get enough of seeing her.

Her bare smooth back showcased her clear olive skin, her wavy dark hair unable to cover it properly.
Seeing her slender beautiful neck, stirred familiar feelings. He wanted to move her hair to the front of her shoulder, so it would lay on her bosoms, giving him space to pepper her skin with kisses and have her in his arms, but that would be after the event they both planned to go.

"You take too much time in dressing," He whispered into her ears, intoxicated by her scent.
She smells like freshly bloomed roses.
She turned around to face him, her light green eyes brighter as they beamed at him, "Taking time gives me results, you can't seem to take your eyes off me."

The tone she used was enough to make him wrap her long slender legs around him and grind his already hardening groin on her.
But that has to wait, "Turn around, " he requested, not missing how intrigued she was by his request.

"Why?" She asked.

"You'll see, " he said a sexy simper etched on his face.

She did as he requested and he dug his hand into his pocket, picking out the little square black box.

He flicked it open, revealing the single chained diamond pear necklace she wanted the last time in the jewel shop. He loved how it matched with her sparkling eyes and the beautiful smile that graced her perfectly made-up face.

Her lips, coated in red lipstick.

She was perfect.
He flipped her light-dark hair to the side and placed the necklace around her neck her fingers caressing the chain and pearl resting on her collar bone.
Gently he hooked it, letting it rest on her, "I love it, " she exclaimed, she placed a brief kiss on his lips appreciating his gift.

"I knew you would."

She made the necklace perfect. She was his perfection.

"We, therefore, commit Audrey Andrian body to her final resting-place; earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
May her soul rest in peace, " the priest said, bringing him back from his trance.

The little crowd around him voiced out their amens, but he couldn't.

She was gone, his perfection was no longer with him. He stared into the coffin resting in the dug ground. Her beautiful face, now pale as she would forever sleep.
It feels too fresh in his memory, she was just too young to die.
She promised not to leave him.
"Till eternity."

She failed in her promises.

"Elliot, you need to say your final words to her." His mother whispered, her hand resting on his shoulder.
Giving him support, and stopping him from breaking down here, losing his waning sanity.

He turned casting his gaze to his two weeks old son resting on her arms.
Their creation.

"Elliot, " she called again, snapping him out of his habit to fade out of reality.
Her eyes reflected sadness that could not match how he felt.

"Do it, she needs it."

A woman came forward from the crowd, her soft gaze resting on him, she looked like Audrey age except she was different. Her red coloured hair in curls, too wild for his liking.
She wasn't slender, her body hardly in proportion with little bust and a slightly wider backside. She was rather too short.
Audrey was almost his height when she wore heels, he could easily claim her lips in his devouring them with savour.

He hated the trousers she wore, skirts were for women, the theme for the funeral said so.

He watched as she collected Ivan from his mother, giving a soft smile in their direction before leaving to a shade in the cemetery.

Above all he hated the pity dwelling in her blue eyes for him, their eyes locked as she cast her pitiful gaze on him from afar.
Ivan looked extremely comfortable in her arms.

"Edward, that's Abigail Josh, don't worry about the baby in her care. Ivan loves her company." His mother said mistaking the hateful gaze he gave that woman for worry.

"I will help you, " his mother whispered, referring to the final goodbye he would give to Audrey.
He could feel his father's and the guest expectant gazes resting on his back.

They don't hold Audrey in high regard like he did, she wasn't their soul mate.
They didn't give their body, heart and soul to her, he understands their impatient gazes.
But he hardly cares, he was going to take his time.

He knelt on the cold soil, it was damp smudging his dark trousers.

He felt nothing as he stared downwards, his gaze downcast on her body.

Lifeless.

So will he be.

The only reason why he still breathes was for Ivan, but he would be lifeless to love.
His heart won't beat for any woman apart from her.
He didn't need to say anything, the message he had for her rested in a blank page of her favourite Bulgarian journal book.
The one that had a particular woodsy smell, her nose sniffing out the smell, "It reminds me of home." She would say.

Her full sensual lips turned into a smile.

In that paper, was a letter of how he felt after losing her, and his plans to never let anyone else into his heart apart from her.
He let his letter go, watched and was satisfied as it rested in her coffin.

Knowing he could not handle the remainder of the ceremony, he excused himself and walked downhill to a place that hold better memories of Audrey.
His late wife.
He would be lying if he didn't feel the Red-haired woman gaze following him as he walked down further

Abigail was her name, and he hated how she pitied him.

-------++++
Hi, to those lovely humans reading this book.

Your thoughts on the prologue?

Reread it and noticed some errors, would edit when I have the chance.