Chapter 2

My curiosity gets the best of me and I walk toward the window and its bed. Light would be wonderful in this dark and dreary room. Light peeks through the closed blinds and two cords lay on both sides. I lean on the window bed holding my weight on it and yank on the cord to my right. Light floods into every dark corner of the room and I can see much clearer now. I see a dark spruce wood door. My feet guide me toward it. All of a sudden I am interrupted.
"Miss Grace! We are done. You may take your bath now!" Anastasia scared the day lights out of me! I jump back bumping into a red dresser. The drawers fall out of the dresser. One of them hits my ankle. I groan while clutching my ankle. Anastasia runs into the room and helps me get back on my feet.
"Grace! Are you okay? I am so so sorry!" The pale woman shows shame and helps me tend my wound.
"Do you feel good enough to take a bath?"
"Yes'm." She looks at me for a minute or two. Flattered that I shown her respect. She smiles with gratitude in her eyes and hugs me. Then rushes toward the bathing quarters with my hand in hers. Once the door closes behind us I look down at my clothes. A blue nightgown with satin slippers. I look back up and start analyzing the large bathroom. White tile all around, a elegant tub, and a porcelain toilet. A typical bathroom. Anastasia looks at me with wonderful eyes.
"Would you like for us to stay and help you?"
"No ma'am. Thank you though." She gives me a gentle smile and nods pushing Adeline out of the room with her. I undress, and tiptoe into the warm bath water while stirring up soapy bubbles. The tenseness in my arm and chest are replaced with the hollowness of relief. Once my back is on the floor of the tub, I look at my stomach. A large gash had mended. My toes trickle off water. Throwing water up and down while I laugh. I didn't even wash myself in any way. I feel fresh and warm. I put on a pair of clothes that Anastasia and Adeline placed on the counter next to the sink. A pink long sleeve T-shirt, a pair of long black leggings, and pink flats. I slip into my clothes and walk outside of the bathing quarters, back into the room I woke up in. I drift over to the window and look out at the city. Skyscrapers and futuristic buildings shoot across the skyline. Flying hovercrafts glide in the air. A giant waterfall cascades over rocks and drift down a large mountain. And then something catches the corner of my eye. A watch. My arm reaches for it and grasps the brown leather band around it. I look at the clock in the watch and see that the time is 12:30. And the date is April 9th, 3000. Something about that date doesn't rub me right. While I try to absorb the date everything comes back to me. I gasp with a hand over my mouth and drop the watch.