Chapter 11

The ground starts to tremble, and the bushes correspond with it. I turn around, with fear in my eyes, and behold a sight I hoped I wouldn't ever have to see. About 1,000 fat, British soldiers running towards the six of us, including the horses.

"RUN!" I yell as loud as I can. Adeline starts yelling random things, and I start to make a mental note in my head of what she's saying.

"Split up!" Ethan says with confidence.

"So you guys are the criminals! I knew it! Oh my gosh, can I come too?!" Delia says with excitement.

"NO! No, you can't!" I screech. We run down hidden trials and soon leave the troopers behind. But we all had slit up, and now I'm on my way to find the others. I slowly stomp around the trails before me.

"You have got to be kidding." I whisper to myself as I walk down the neon green paths. Oddly, the woods are filled with light, and glowing colors. I think that's peculiar, but you know whatever suits people. I slowly walk down the trails with twists and turns, wondering if I'll ever find my friends again. Until I run into Ethan.

"Ethan?!" I scream. He turns facing me, and his face lights up.

"Grace!" He screeches as he runs over to me. He lifts me up, and we immediately start butterfly kissing.

"I didn't think I'd find you." I say with a single tear streaming down my face.

"I knew you would." He said. There's a rustle in the bushes, and my heart beat increases the more Ethan holds me close. I start panicking.

"What's wrong?" He says. Oh shoot, he can hear my heart beat...

"Um, nothing..." I lie.

"Yeah, it's something, but what is it?" He questions.

"I just thought I heard something." I say.

"In that case, you probably did." He says with a grin. "We should probably get out of here. "

"Yeah. Have you found the others?" I question.

"Not yet. But I'm thinking you'll help me do that." He says.

"No doubt about it." I laugh and he laughs and we start walking down the paths in the forest. Until we start to hear a girly high-pitched scream.

"Oh God." I say and my voice trails off.

"Delilah." Ethan says with panic.
Immediately after he says this, we both start running towards the screaming.

"Help! Ahhhhh! Help me! Please!" My gut tenses at the sound of her voice and I feel as if I'm going to faint.

A gun shot is heard in the distance. My insides twirl. Ethan and I arrive to where the scream is, and there are tons of guards all looking around in the trees opposite from where Ethan and I are hiding.
Another gun shot goes off and Ethan covers my head and holds me close and wiping off my tears.

"Is that... I-I-is that Delilah?" I say as I start to pour tears.

"I don't know." Ethan says with a sad face.

The soldiers depart and start to leave back to the castle and I look at what they were staring at.