Chap 9

(Dixie walks into the palace theatre pushing Haley in her wheelchair)

Princess Haley: you moved my play to the palace. How did you do this?

(Dixie and Louis smile at each other. Haley looks around at everyone getting ready for the play in awe)

Dixie: you better know your lines.

~time skip~

Marc: (leans forward) real nice of you, peanut.

Dixie: aww, thanks, pop.

(The audience laughs at the play before Justis exits the stage and everyone applauds and the lights change from red to blue)

Dixie: (leans over to Noah) oh, this is Haley's big moment.

(Haley enters the stage and starts)

Princess Haley: ready?

Justis: I think so...

(The two lean in and share a short sweet kiss before pulling back and everyone claps and all the play casts make their way to the front of the stage)

~time skip to next day~

Marc: (yells) listen up! Best Christmas cookie wins a free meal at Marc's Diner, New York, New York. Plane fare not included..

(Everyone starts making their cookies)

Noah: let me just put some finishing touches on and....what do we think of that?

(Noah holds his cookie up for everyone to see)

Dixie: is that a snowman or a yeti?

(Everyone laughs and goes back to decorating and eating their cookies)

Head Chef: (walks in and Marc walks over to her) you are not a normal chef.

(Marc walks away in disappointment)

Justis: you where really good tonight, Princess froon.

Princess Haley: you're not so bad yourself, wicked ogre.

(The two smile at each other before Haley wipes her nose and gets frosting on it and Justis laughs)

Princess Haley: what?

(Justis wipes Haley's nose with a napkin)

Princess Haley: hey, do you like tobogganing?

Justis: sure.

Princess Haley: maybe you might go with me sometime?

(Justis nods and Haley smiles)

~~~~

Loyal readers. Christmas spirit has overtaken the palace, and the Aldovian saga of Princess Froon and the Wicked Ogre melted hearts and sparked a wild frenzy of sweet treats and cocoa in the kitchen. It was a wonderful day, a great release from the pressure I feel as my life is about to change forever. - Dixie

~~~~

The next day

Bryce: kingdom of Aldovia, here we come!!

Addison: we're on our way to the airport!

Dixie: try and get some sleep on the plane, okay? So you're not totally jet-lagged.

Bryce: I'm on vacation. I'll sleep after New Years.

Addison: your blog is out of control. We're loving it. But why did you take down all the snow, and play, and food fight pics?

Dixie: what are you talking about?

Addison: everything you put up is, like, totally gone. Vanished about an hour ago.

Dixie: I didn't take it down.

Bryce: someone did.

Dixie: (sighs) I bet I know who.

~~~~

Amelie: May I suggest a little damage control?

Josh: I shall have a word with my friends in the press.

Amelie: much appreciated.

Sahil: (whilst running down the corridor he sees Amelie and walks up to her) Miss Amelie. You are aware Sahil requires promptness. So perhaps you can tell me where, oh, where can Sahil find the bride-to-be?

Amelie: (looks at Josh then back to Sahil) she hasn't arrived?

Sahil: (looks at Josh then back at Amelie) she has not.

Amelie: Sahil, May I strongly suggest that you get a better handle on our young queen. Better know who's in charge.

Dixie: I can hear you.

(Dixie walks down the corridor)

Sahil: Miss D'Amelio, it is imperative you adhere to the schedule.

Dixie: did you censor my blog?

~~~~

-in the main office-

Amelie: will all due respect, I thought we had talked about this, and agreed that-

Dixie: I never agreed to my work being censored.

Amelie: do you really think that this...

(Amelie opens the lid of the laptop to a photograph of princess haley with cake icing on her nose having fun)

Amelie: is the sort of image the royal family should portray?

Dixie: I saw that it's trending- it was trending with tons of positive comments.

Amelie: it's also a breach of protocol.

Dixie: I seriously doubt that traditional protocols were set up for viral social media. Times change.

Amelie: protocol does not.

Dixie: well, in this case-

Amelie: Ah. Your image belongs to us now.

(Dixie sighs)

Amelie: it's just the way that it is.

(Dixie sits back in her seat)

Amelie: Now, shall we turn our attention to the royal portrait? It is to be rendered at 4:30 promptly.

~time skip to the new king and soon to be Queen getting ready for a photoshoot~

King Noah: I can tell somethings bothering you...can we talk about it?

Dixie: I don't know, can we? Seems like we need a royal decree to go to the loo.

King Noah: who's ruffled your feathers now?

(Sahil walks over and starts fixing Noah and Dixie's outfits)

Dixie: I had a rather unpleasant conversation with Amelie today. I don't appreciate being controlled.

King Noah: it's a balancing act. At the end of the day, they work for for us. But we need to play by the rules.

Dixie: she deleted posts from my blog, without informing me.

Sahil: Ah-Ah-Ah. Stop your chattering, hmm? It will disrupt the make-up.

(Sahil looks between Noah and Dixie before walking away)

King Noah: (looks back at Dixie) once we get through the wedding and you're officially queen, we'll be at a better place to pick our battles.

Dixie: "once we get through it." Sounds like you're talking about a medical procedure.

King Noah: let's just go with the flow. Keep calm and carry on, for now. Okay?

(Dixie looks down at her feet)

~~~~
Authors note:
Lmfaooo heyyy, I know this and the third book are taking a while to come out but it's fine lol. I'm gonna try upload as much as I can because this makes me happy to update :)
Word Count: 958