Prologue

I was running for my life. Feeling the rush of adrenaline inside of me, I laughed. What an easy task that was for me. I am a professional, have been doing that for five years. However, I had been caught by the sharp eye of the lady. I turned left abruptly into an alley, where I stopped to catch my breath. I took a peek from the red brick wall. She was not chasing me. I heaved a sigh of relief. Grinning to myself, I leaned against the wall and opened the wallet that I had stolen. It was a Kate Spade wallet, with five fifty-dollar notes. I had earned it that time. Shoving the wallet into my pocket in my leather jacket, I walked out of the alley, blending in with the people who were walking down the streets.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry," a girl around my age apologised as she bumped into me, with her phone in her hand. She must have not notice me as she was busy using her phone.

I looked at her closely. She was cute, I thought. With her brown hair flowing in the wind, her tight tank top outlining her curves. When she smiled, two dimples formed in her cheeks.

I smiled back at her. "It's okay. What's your name?"

She looked at me, stunned by my question. A second of hesitation later, she replied, "Mace. Mace Hudson. What's yours?"

"Hunter. Hunter Jefferson," I held out my hand politely.

She shook my hand and laughed,"Well, hello, Hunter. Do you wanna grab a drink, and uhm maybe talk about ourselves?" She pointed at the cafe next to us. It was quite empty, with only a few people inside.

Maybe I have a chance with her. What was there to lose?

"Yeah, that is a great idea. Why not?" I nodded, and gave her one of my charming smiles.

"Great! I love this cafe. It has the best caramel latte ever! I swear you will not regret it. Oh, do you like waffles? I love them! I..." She babbled non-stop to me, as if I was her best friend for ten years.

That was just cute.

"Let's go in, shall we?" I opened the door for her and cold air gushed out, making me feel so refreshed. She chuckled. She was the most cheerful person I had ever seen, even happier than Spongebob Squarepants.

"We shall, Hunter," she did a curtsy and she strolled in the cafe with big steps, as if she owned the place.

"Welcome, Mace," I said, with a smile on my face. I walked in after her as the door closed behind me.

What good luck I had that day. I 'earned' $250 and met a cute girl on the street.

Little did I know that that girl would be a huge part of my life.

A/N: Hey! This is my first time writing a romance teen fiction book. Please forgive me as I am inexperienced in this whole thing. Hahaha uhm please vote and comment! :D

P.S: Check out my other books!