v - new years

massive tw: suicide; hanging

ill put a mini summary at the end so you can skip if its too uncomfy

V - NEW YEARS

New Years was unexpectedly lonely, and (Y/N)'s paranoia over the fact that Toji may not come back was forever creeping on her

New Years was unexpectedly lonely, and (Y/N)'s paranoia over the fact that Toji may not come back was forever creeping on her. However, Megumi ended up making an unexpected friend. When he came back from the back porch, telling his mother all about the older boy that he was not best friends with, she couldn't help but be confused. At first, she thought it was an imaginary friend, and that her son was finally breaking out of his shell and timid nature towards strangers.

That idea was soon crushed when she met the young middle school boy next door, his eyes were gloomy. He lived alone according to Megumi, and (Y/N) was torn between saving extra food or inviting the lonely boy over to join them for New Years. When she told Megumi about this idea while she was thinking out loud, he rushed to the back porch and yelled at the boy until he came outside.

(Y/N) and he finally and formally met, he had just turned 14. His name was Tamaki Hanagaki, his bow was deep when he introduced himself. He had pale blonde hair, from the way his dark brows and eyelashes fit on his face it's likely it wasn't a natural color. His eyes were a dark chestnut brown, half lidded. They chatted until Hanagaki invited her inside his apartment, she dodged the invitation with a question.

"Where are your parents?"

Hanagaki didn't know (Y/N) was an adult, he thought she was the older sister since he had never heard Megumi actually call her his mother. He shot back a similar question.

"Where's your parents? Megumi-kun talked about them all the time, so I know they're there," his tone was more harsh than intended.

She was confused, "I'm in my twenties, I don't need my parents looking after me."

It took Hanagaki a second to process the word and to finally realize that it was Megumi's mother, his cheeks flushed in embarrassment against the atmosphere which bit at his cheeks. Despite the cold weather, his skin was still tan and exposed to the bitter air. He was invited inside (Y/N)'s home, and introduced himself to Tsumiki who seemed reluctant to start any conversation.