Prologue

FIFTEEN YEARS PRIOR TO THE CURRENT EVENTS...

"Aw, our son is so cute," Amelia gushed.

"Indeed," her husband, James remarked.

The small duckling had inherited his mother's body, but his father's eyes and hair.

"Enough gushing, he's a child," said James' twin sister, Black Heron.

The family of four were out with an old buzzard, looking for any adventure or chaos to get rid of. They started with the outskirts of Duckburg, and had so far found nothing. However, they heard some odd noises that sounded like plants nearby.

"Ooh, this could be it," Black Heron whispered excitedly.

The group of five ran to where the sound had come from, and found a rather middle aged couple together at the edge of a cliff. The man was magically growing a flower from the ground with his only arm, then he picked it out and put it in the lady's hair. She blushed and leaned on his shoulder.

"They're magical," the buzzard whispered. "Chaotic. They must be put down."

"We'll gladly do so," said Black Heron villainously.

The magical couple stood to leave, but as they walked back, Heron kicked the lady in the ribs, sending her to the ground.

"Runta!" the man exclaimed.

He quickly drew his sword and faced Heron.

"Who are you?"

"Your doom!" Heron answered before cackling maniacally.

With that, a blade unfolded from her robot arm, and she charged at the old man. He quickly dodged and blocked her next move with his sword.

"Why do you seek to fight us?" he said as they fought.

"Magical beings have so much potential for chaos!" said the buzzard from the sidelines of the fight. "Someone has to put an end to that chaos!"

"Not all magic is corruptive!" the man shot back.

Then Heron kneed him in the stomach, sending him back. The lady looked angry at that, and punched Heron as hard as she could with her fist. Her twin came into the fight and started to engage with her. Soon, Amelia passed her son to him and took his place. During the fight, the cliff started to shake.

"We can't stay here much longer," the buzzard warned.

"Black Heron," James said to his sister, "take Damian and go."

"And miss the fun?" Heron complained.

"Just go!" her twin repeated.

Heron rolled her eyes, but not needing telling twice. She took the duckling from his father's arms and ran off after the buzzard. The two watched the fight from above on higher ground. It went on for very long, the heron and his wife pushed the magical couple off their feet, and threateningly held blades at their throats. Unfortunately, a line started to crack open between the couples, and the cliff started to split apart. It did, bringing James and Amelia down with the piece they were standing on. The magical couple looked both scared and surprised.

"Oh dear," Heron muttered, also surprised.

The duckling in her arms saw the whole thing, and his eyes started to sparkle with tears.