Becoming the Villain

Damian walked around the lair, trying not to feel jealous of a meeting going on with the villains, and the fact that he couldn't be a part of it.

"This has gone too far," he heard Director Buzzard say. "The Ducks almost lost us the world today, and without the world, who would we larceny against?"

Damian left their meeting and entered the combat training room and flicked the light switch on. The lights came on, as did the four robots used to train. Damian gulped nervously; he had never actually trained with the drones before, but he was determined to defeat them, and be raised to the ranks of the rest of the villains.

"She'll let me out of the lair at least," he said to himself. "Then I'll have the power I want."

He walked over to the weapon rack and grabbed a wooden staff. He had found himself to fight quite well with staff-based weapons. The two buff droids readied themselves, their eyes all glowing red, readying their giant fists with spiked knuckles. The third, a rather skinny robot, sported two claws from each fist, and the fourth a singular blade.

"Let's do this," Damian whispered.

He lunged at one of the buff robots and hit it in the chest with the end of his staff. The robot stepped back and pushed his fist in response. Damian dodged, the humongous spiked metal fist denting the floor. Damian jumped and dented the robot's head down the center with his staff, making it look like it was split in half. Yellow lightning sparked from the droid's neck as it fell to the ground.

"Who's next?" said Damian, spinning his staff.

One of the skinny drones came right at him, and Damian blocked it's claws with his staff. However, with its free hand, the robot reached over to his right sleeve, and tore half of it right off, pulling Damian over a bit. Right after he caught himself, the droid came back and scratched his now exposed forearm with one of its pairs of claws. Damian let out a cry of pain before denting the robot's neck with his staff, then swinging it again, hitting it's waist and exposing wires. The skinny droid slowly fell to the floor as Damian breathed heavily. He readied his staff again, waiting for the next droid to make a move. The one that wielded a single blade came from the back of the other buff one, and stood in a battle stance right across from Damian.

"Come at me," he growled.

The robot didn't want telling twice. He charged right at Damian with his blade. Damian perried it away with his staff, but that didn't do much. The tenacious droid swung from the right, which Damian narrowly dodged, not wanting anymore scars on his right arm. However, he wasn't prepared for what came next; the drone lunged around and punched Damian in the back, sending him slightly forward. Then it swung its blade again, this time it slid right under Damian's left eye, causing a wide opening where it swung. Damian let out a cry of pain once again, putting his hand over the scar and his eye. With that, he became quite angry, and ran at the droid with all the strength he could. He reached for the arm with the blade, and pulled it right off of the drone. Then he used the blade to stab the robot right through the stomach. The droid let out an awful robotic wail before slowly collapsing. Damian then threw the blade at the other buff drone. It landed right between its eyes, and fell to the ground. Damian stood in the middle of the sprawled robot remains, breathing heavily.

"What is going on in here —?" came a voice that Damian immediately recognized as his aunt's.

She came looking a little angry, then quite shocked. Her eyes moved around the droid remains, then to Damian, who stood there, scars and all.

"Did you destroy the drones all on your own?" she asked her nephew.

"Yeah," Damian breathed. "And they gave me these," he added, indicating the scars on his arm and under his eye.

"I see," said Heron, a villainous grin spreading across her beak. "Perhaps you are a stronger villain than I thought."

"Perhaps?" Damian questioned.

"Well, I guess you're right," Heron sighed. "But I have an idea for you."

"What's that?"

"These imbeciles of villains wouldn't think highly of a teen for a villain, don't you think?"

Damian paused and thought about that, after which he sadly shook his head.

"Plus, those scars don't look too good exposed."

"Yeah, I guess," Damian sighed.

"So I'll be making you an alias," said Heron. "I've got the suit all planned out; it will protect you and look stylish."

Damian's interest was caught at the idea of a supervillain suit.

"And the name of this alias?" he asked.

"You'll see," Heron said with a grin.