Kallias- Part 14

Starchy sheets shifted underneath me, clean and stiff, nothing like the bed Viv and I shared. Afternoon light peeked through the open windows. I tried to sit up, but failed, agony tearing through my torso. Blood-stained bandages wrapped around my bare chest. I fell back onto the pillow, taking in my surroundings. I was in a small room, walls painted light blue like the winter sky. I rolled onto my side, grunting with the effort, to look out of the windows. Snowflakes swirled outside like ballerinas, the same colour of Vivi's silky hair. The thought of her heated my core molten. The last thing I heard, before I blacked out, was her melodic voice, rough with anger. Protecting me. Just as I thought of her, a plump nurse walked in. And following her, was Viviane, a serious look on her face. But, at the sight of me, her face lighting up, she tore forward, embracing me, careful to not touch the bandages. Her maroon sweater enveloped me, strong as steel. Sobs shook her slight figure as I wrapped my arms around her, salty tears leaving wet trails down my bare chest. She pulled back, gazing into my features, emotion overflowing her deep eyes.

"They-they said you weren't going to make it. You were going to die. Leave this world without me. I couldn't live without you, not even for those two days you were unconscious, I-I just love you. Too much." I kissed her, pulling her close, no matter the pain that racked my body with every movement. As pulled away, she laughed, tears still streaming down her face. "You got stabbed two times, and I'm the one crying." I just kissed her again, tongues flicking against each other, as I laughed along with her, fingers running through her hair.