Chapter TwentySeven

We walked back downstairs hand in hand. I felt really tired, and kind of weak after that. I leaned my head, with my slightly damp hair on Jordan's shoulder as we slumped on the couch. Everyone sat around talking, eating and watching some silly cartoon. Coby smiled at me and shoved his box at me as I sat down. I rolled my eyes. "Gosh, what is it, hm?" I cocked my head to the side. "Open it." Jordan said as he sat down next to me. I undid the wrapping and opened the box. Inside sat a new hat. It was black and gold, with MODSUN writen over the front. 

        "Thats Coby! This is awesome." I brought him into a hug and sat the hat back into the box. My hair was gross, and I didn't want to ruin it. I laid back with Jordan and stared up at Family Guy.

-=+=-

        "I was thinking Ryan." Jordan started. I looked up into his shiney eyes. "For your birthday i'll get us matching tattoos. Of like...A peace sign with wings. Does that sound cool? We can do what ever, really." I snuggled closer. "That sounds epic." I agreed. "When I'm better, for sure." "Okay, it's settled then! But also..." I felt him shuffle around under me, then a small box came into veiw. 

        "What's....this?" I asked, taking it in my palms. I removed the blue wrapping paper and crumpled it in my fist. I looked at the box in disbelief. "Why.." I started but never finished. I opened the box and pulled out a silver ring. Slipping it onto my finger. "It's...beautiful." I whispered. The words engraved on it read;

        From The Moon n Back Is Not Enough Space For All My Love For You

        "The inside says 'Ryan and Jordan'." Jordan smiled at me.

        "Jordan...I love it." I stretched up and kissed him. Gentle and simple, then I pulled his lower lip playfully. He laced out fingers together and held my hand sternly. As if to never let me go. 

        We released each others mouths and sank back into laying with each other. We all sat in silence as Mama played. Horror movie? As if. That didn't even have jumpscares.

-=+=-

        Everyone left at the end of the movie, but Jordan insisted on staying. "We don't have school tomorrow, teach meetings or something. So I'm staying." He said, crosing his arms. "Both of our mom's agreed. So shut up, I'm staying." I rolled my eyes and layed back on my bed. "Alright. Then come." I wiggled close to the wall and pat the med next to me. "Come on." I repeated. He walked over, switching off my light. I felt his warm body wiggle in next to me. 

        "Jordan, I really love you." I whispered as I shoved my head over to lay next to his. I gently twisted my ring around on my finger. "I love you too. How are you feeling?" "Right now? I couldn't feel any-" I yawned. "Any better." I finished. I felt his smooth fingers brush hair strands from my face. He fell asleep minutes later, and I laid listening to his calm breathing until I sliped into my own steady sleep.

        A strong hand held my wrist, two notches to strong. I pulled againced the grip but it was no use. I was only eight. What was I suppose to do? 

        "Dad! Dad, please stop it!" I cried out. I stood in an old looking, rundown home. My mother sat on a couch, holding a baby. Paying to attention to me. Why? Why not me? Who cared about this baby? I'm here! Right now. "It hurts daddy!" I cried again, feeling tears burn my eyes as I was pulled away from my mother and her baby. The door to the basement was thrown open. 

        "But daddy..you said I wasn't allowed in here!?" I pleaded. "Please, please let me go daddy! You're hurting me." I couldn't look and and see his face. Nothing showed. 

        He pulled me down the basment steps. Every time I grabbed at the bar, he jerked me down. 

        "daddy please!" I cried as he threw open the lid to an old treasure chest looking thing. "Daddy..? That's where mom keeps her summer dresses..." I spoke quietly. The large hand that was once holding my wrist back handed me. I fell to the floor with a thud. I looked up at my dad with hurt eyes. Terror running through my veins.

        "D-Daddy..?" He removed all the dresses from the chest. The pretty pink one I loved seeing mom in so much, cought on the latch of the chest and tore down the seem. "Da...ddy..." I cried. Clutching my little fists and holding them to my eyes. I didn't want to cry, crying is for babys like the one mom brought home! I wasn't a baby!

        He gripped my wrist again and shoved me forward. I stumbled and tripped. Falling into the empty chest. I went to get out, and he pushed me back in. "Daddy..?" "Shut up brat." He spat at me. His voice harsh. A faint new smell on his breath. It was bitter...and gross. I crunched up my nose in disgust.

        daddy never acted like this before...What was going on? Where was mommy? Daddy never hurt me before.. Why was he so mad? Did I do bad in school? Why...why wasn't mommy coming to help me? I looked at my little wrist and watcfhed as dark bruising started to form under my skin. I rubbed them gently, and flintching when I hit it too hard. 

        As he slamed the lid shut, shutting me into the darkness,  

        I woke up.