Chapter 5- Cang Qiong mountain sect

It was a beautiful day out, the sun was shining and to Shen Qingqiu it seemed nothing could possibly go wrong.

Shang Qinghua wouldn't stop harassing him, so he took them to see An Ding peak first. Shang Qinghua rambled on and the only two that were listening were Lan Wangji and Xie Lian.

After that, Shen Qingqiu took them to Qiong Ding peak. Shen Qingqiu explained everything to Yue Qingyuan.

"I see, that's why there was that strange eruption," Yue Qingyuan murmured, tapping his chin. "And what are our guests' names?" Yue Qingyuan inquired.

"Hua Cheng, Xie Lian, Wei Wuxian, and Lan Wanji." Shen Qingqiu introduced them, pointing as he said their names.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you," Yue Qingyuan smiles.

"The pleasure is mine," Xie Lian said.

"Now that you are acquainted, I need to continue our tour," Shen Qingqiu waved goodbye and led them to the next peak; Bai Zhan.

Hua Cheng noticed Luo Binghe's mood sour when they got there, but said nothing of it. He honestly found the best a nuisance and could not care less if he was upset or not.

The peak lord who greeted them was not who they were expecting. Bai Zhan is supposed to mean "hundred battles". So they were expecting someone 8 feet tall with muscles that could kill you with a single flex. Not someone as pretty as Liu Qingge.

Now Wei Wuxian noticed Luo Binghe's mood. It seems that after seeing the Bai Zhan peak lord he got more upset.

"Hello Liu-shidi," Shen Qingqiu greeted. Liu Qingge scowled at the group in a way that reminded Wei Wuxian of Jiang Cheng. He should introduce them someday.

"Shen Qingqiu, what do you need?" Liu Qingge grumbled. He looked displeased that the group was visiting, especially Luo Binghe. Shen Qingqiu explained the situation to him.

"So the Luo Binghe that was injured, wasn't our Luo Binghe, but another version." Liu Qingge affirmed. Shen Qingqiu nodded. "And who are the people with you?" Liu Qingge asked. Shen Qingqiu introduced them all.

"It is nice to meet you," Wei Wuxian grinned.

"Nice to meet you," Xie Lian smiled.

"Mn," Lan Wangji nodded. Hua Cheng didn't say anything.

"You attract danger, Shen Qingqiu. Be more careful." Liu Qingge grumbled.

"It's not my fault, how was I supposed to know he wasn't Binghe they look the same." Shen Qingqiu rolled his eyes.

"How did you find out he wasn't Luo Binghe?" Liu Qingge questioned.

"Well-, I can't remember?" Shen Qingqiu lied, blushing slightly. He snapped his fan open to cover his blush. Liu Qingge scowled before huffing and turning around then walking away.

"Let's go to the next peak." Shen Qingqiu said, then made his way to the next peak. Wei Wuxian walked next to Luo Binghe.

"Do you not like Liu Qingge?" Wei Wuxian asked, leaning forward to look at Luo Binghe's face. Luo Binghe stared straight ahead and ignored him. "Do you not like him because he's trying to steal your lover~?" Wei Wuxian teased, smirking. Luo Binghe shot a glare at Wei Wuxian. If looks could kill Wei Wuxian would be dead.

"No one can steal Shizun from me," Luo Binghe grumbled.

"Are you sure? In the looks department, Liu Qingge wins-," Wei Wuxian smirked.

"Shut up," Luo Binghe growls, cutting Wei Wuxian off. Wei Wuxian for once in his life shut up.

The tour was over and they were back at Qing Jing. They were sitting in the bamboo house that now had a big hole in it from bingge earlier.

"Thank you Shen-Xiong, your hospitality is very much appreciated," Xie Lian thanked. Shen Qingqiu gave a nod of acknowledgment.

"So Shen-Xiong, how many peaks are there?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Today I showed you twelve peaks." Shen Qingqiu answers.

"I think Cang Qiong mountain is very pretty. How many days are we allowed to stay?" Wei Wuxian queried.

"As many as you would like, though I'm sure you want to look for your friends. You can come to visit whenever you would like." Shen Qingqiu responds. Wei Wuxian lights up at this. Luo Binghe frowns.

"Really? Shen-Xiong you're too kind!" Wei Wuxian cheers. "I know I asked this before but do you have any alcohol?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Not at the moment, we should have some later though." Shen Qingqiu answered. Wei Wuxian asks a lot of questions.

"It is peaceful though, I feel like I could take a nap in the grass." Xie Lian says. Shen Qingqiu thinks it's weird that the first thing Xie Lian thinks about is taking a nap in the grass. But Xie Lian is right, it has been peaceful lately.

"He's right. Lan Zhan, you could play the Guqin here!" Wei Wuxian suggested, shaking Lan Wangji's arm. Instead of sitting on his lap, he is sitting beside him.

"You play the guqin?" Shen Qingqiu chimed in. He knows it's a stupid question to ask since Lan Wangji had a guqin strapped to his back.

"Mn," Lan Wangji nodded.

"Not only can he play, but he can summon spirits with it. For example-," Wei Wuxian then proceeded to ramble on about how amazing Lan Wangji was with his guqin for an hour. Shen Qingqiu tuned him out and made a mental note to ask Shang Qinghua more about them later.

After what seemed like an eternity, Wei Wuxian stopped rambling. He proudly smiled at Lan Wangji. Shen Qingqiu thought he was imagining things when he saw Lan Wangji give a slight smile back. Shen Qingqiu is glad Wei Wuxian finally shut up so he could talk.

"I'm glad you enjoy it here, it is supposed to be a learning space for children. That is the reason why it's so peaceful." Shen Qingqiu smiled, he glanced at Luo Binghe and Luo Binghe also looked proud that Qing Jing was being praised.

"It is calming. I don't believe anything bad could ever happen here." Xie Lian added, smiling his usual calming smile. Just then, Ming Fan bursts through the door. He is panting and looks distressed.

"Shizun! Some strange monsters are attacking! They aren't anything we've seen before!" Ming Fan shouts in alarm. Forget about Wei Wuxian shutting up! Xie Lian needs to shut up! He keeps jinxing them and himself!

Of course, another wife plot had to kick in. Shen Qingqiu managed to go a whole week without getting kidnapped or attacked and of course the day he has guests Cang Qiong gets attacked!

"Lead me to them," Shen Qingqiu commands, Xiu Ya in hand he follows Ming Fan to where the monsters are, the others following behind.

They truly aren't like anything he has seen. They look too human-like to be demons, but at the same time, they look like corpses.

"Fierce corpses?" Wei Wuxian gasps.

Shen Qingqiu is starting to regret talking to Wei Wuxian and Xie Lian.