Terminus

You slowly open your eyes to the soft pinky blue sky, and a fire with embers giving their final breath. You jump as you see Daryl watching you while leaning on a tree. "Thought you'd never wake up." he smirked, you rolled your eyes "Thought you'd leave me before I even woke up." you shot back, the brawny man just laughed before motioning for you to pick up your bag. Rising to your feet you grab your things before looking up at Daryl. The soft breeze ruffles his hair. He grabs his crossbow and slings it over his shoulder, "Wha'cha looking at?" He narrows his eyes. You just shake your head in response. "Why do you trust me this much?" You questioned the man, "I don't know, maybe I'm just stupid too." he replied, before walking, "Hey!" You yelled at him as you finally started to follow him.

...

As you two walk along the railroad tracks, you get lost staring at the beautiful trees, listening to the birds chirp. You walk onto the rail and try to balance while walking. "The hell are you doing?" Daryl's gravelly voice distracts you and you loose your balance, you yelp as you feel your body falling through the air until you feel warmth wrap around you and the smell of cigarettes wraps your whole body. Daryl has caught you. Your back is against his chest, you look up at your saviour, he looks down at you, "You're stupid." he chuckled lightly before setting you on your feet. "That's a great way of comforting your princess you rescued." you laughed, he just smiled and kept moving.

...

"Look! There's a sign." you call out to Daryl, you jog up to it and read what it says out loud, "Sanctuary. Those who arrive survive, terminus." "Sounds like a better chance than we have just alone out here." Daryl said, walking up next to you and pointing to the star in the middle, "It shows here that every train track leads there." You nod in agreement, "This is one of the signs I saw while I was travelling alone." You remind the dark haired man beside you. He just begins walking where the railroad leads him, and of course you trailing behind him like a lost puppy.

...

Right in-front of you two you see a rusty fence surrounding a giant building, a large rough hand is held out in-front of your stomach, it's daryl signalling you to stop, he turns to you and puts his finger on his lips, you nod to tell the older man you understood. He grabs his crossbow off his back and holds it in-front of him, you grab your machete out from your sheathe in your pants. He points to a group of rough looking people, covered in blood and dirt, one tall man with curly hair, a women with a sword, a young boy it seems like. You and Daryl watch as the group digs a hole and drops a blue duffel bag in, and began burying it. Once they filled the hole they hopped the fence with their guns up and disappeared into the place.

 Once they filled the hole they hopped the fence with their guns up and disappeared into the place