You Can't Always Get What You Want

Let us start this off by going into my childhood days, the roots of my life.

These were the days where most infants start to grow and learn in the real life, adapt is the term.

Most of the kids wouldn't have manifested a quirk or activated them since then. Before this, they must get out of their childish state, infants as they take the next step of life which is becoming a toddler.

That's when they have mastered every basic skill they need to take another step forward to becoming a participant in society.

Walking, talking, using manners...

Then they finally gain their quirks.

The scene takes place in a house of a family of two, the quiet place was broken the second we take a look at a boy who was inside a living room wearing nothing but an All Might onesie.

This is me.

This is a young Y/n L/n that has a harsh reality to face yet.

I was a hug fan of All Might, if not the biggest in the world. Of course there were others that would die to meet this amazing hero but in my eyes, I believed that I was the greatest of them all.

The best fan out of everyone.

"Ha ha ha!" He would start laughing, trying to imitate someone he admires so much while also posing in front of a television that had a figure wearing a blue and yellow suit. He would start laughing as well with a fist on his hip while he had a villain propped on his shoulder, unconscious and ready to be thrown into the slammer.

"It is okay, citizens!" Both him and the boy shout with a huge grin on their faces. "Why?"

Then the boy turns around towards a couch where rested a man as he watched the young h/c mimic his favorite superhero on the tv.

"Because I am here!"

This is my father.

He is the reason I am here and the reason I became a hero in Musutafu.

I loved him with all of my heart...

...I wished that I could've saved him.

We had our ups and down, it was a balanced relationship of hate and love but it was all me who made it this way.

All the father could do was smile at his son's antics, he will definitely miss moments like these when Y/n is filled with pure energy and happiness. He continues to watch him pretend to be All Might, punching and kicking the air as he produced sounds from his mouth as if he was hitting something.

"Bow! Pow!" He would shout loudly as the television continues to roll until the boxed electronic was shut off. The boy groaned before being held up into the air by surprise. "Alright, you little rascal... Time for bed..." he smiles softly and earned another groan. "I hate school!"

"Do you want to be a hero?"

"...Yeah..."

"Then it's important for you to go to school..." his father walked up the stair and into the bedroom of his son's. "It's not just about fighting... It's about having a smart head to be able to take down a villain..."

Then he ticks his son into his blanket that was filled with nothing but All Might. "How do I use my head to beat a superhero? Or are you lying to me?!" He shouts at his father with a glare.

His father only chuckled, "You'll learn someday when you get older..." he answers with a small smile and kisses his forehead.

He was ready to take his leave but, "Daddy?"