ɪ. ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀ'ꜱ ʙʟᴏᴄᴋ ɪꜱ ᴀ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ

Requested by WriterTiffany_0704 and AuroraPotter14

Here's the first request I get to cover, and maybe one of the most useful any of you will ever encounter.

If you're a seasoned writer, you're most probably familiar with this phenomenon, and probably already have your own way to overcome it. Or maybe you just wait for it to clear out. 

But if you're a new writer and are experiencing this for the first time, then I'm here to help you.

As a person who wrote her first long story when she was 10 ( I started it, never got to finish, though, because I started hating the plot ), I've experienced writer's block multiple times. It's nothing to worry about, and there are lots of ways you can go about it.

Let's start by explaining it.

Have you ever sat down at your desk, a device in front of you, ready to type your chapter, but no inspiration comes to you? No matter how much you try, you're left staring at that blank page, devoid of any text but the title or what you've written before. Or maybe you've typed things out, looked at it, and decided that it doesn't sound good, and deleted it all.

That, dearies, is what we call 'Writer's Block'. It's literally a BLOCK on your inspiration, which causes you to procrastinate instead of writing because you know that you won't be able to write.

Now that we understand what that is, the next thing you might wonder is, 'How do I get rid of it?'

Honestly, it depends from person to person. Most times, you can get over writer's block using certain methods ( we'll get to that in a moment ) but sometimes, it's better to just let it get out of your system on its own.

Sometimes, you're just not in the right state of mind to write. When something bad happens to you, you automatically lose the inspiration to write. That's because each time you sit down to write, ideas evade you because your mind replays what happened to you like a broken tape and if you do write in such a condition, spoiler alert, your writing's going to be terrible.

This is why you need to be in the right state of mind to write.

Another thing to note is that I DO NOT include strong emotions when I say 'not the right state of mind'. In fact, if you're feeling any strong emotions, I'd encourage you to write. Say, you're crying, or sad, or happy, or excited. The emotions that you're feeling will show in your writing and make it seem more realistic and beautiful.

Fun fact: Some of my best writing comes when I'm crying.

If you really want to write, even when you're in a bad state of mind, try poetry. Not the rhyming kind, write the free-flowing one. It'll concisely depict how terrible you feel, and god, you'll be surprised by how many times a single verse of well-written and emotional poetry can make a person cry.

So, go on, try it!

Before we move on, I'd like to say this: How to induce away writer's block is the more complicated question. It will be different for you than for me, but I hope my ways can help you.

1. The first way that I have adopted is to read my book thoroughly. I'll read it from the beginning to what I've written till now, and that sometimes helps me with inspiration for the next chapter.

2. Something else that you can do is find a Spotify playlist that matches the mood of your story. For instance, if you're writing a depressing book, search for depressing songs on Spotify, and put on some headphones to blast those songs while writing. Trust me, it'll help to cure away the writer's block. 

3. Another thing you can try is reading other books. And no, not necessarily fanfiction. Read any well-written books, ones that have details of emotions, thoughts, and events and make you feel. The more you feel things, the better you can write. If you haven't read it already, try reading 'The Folk of The Air Series' by Holly Black or 'Eye of the Storm' by kalopsiclove. They had other books on their profile, but right now this is the only one there, but god I love it. They very beautifully describe, in their book, feelings, thoughts, emotions, and events. 

4. Sometimes, I try integrating things that happen to me in real life, into my writing. It gets the creative juices flowing, and you can try dramatizing that event, to some extent, to make it quicker for you to start writing.

5. The last thing I have to say to you is: FILLER CHAPTERS. God, filler chapters help me so much. I can just pour a little bit of fluff, drama, or angst into a chapter and drop a teensy-tinsy hint about a MAJOR plot point, and god that little evil thing that I do helps me to do more evil things, this time, to a major scale.

That's all I have for you, I hope this helps!

PS. Unrelated but you can ask me to review your books UNLESS you're my friends in this section of the book and I'll happily help you improve! ( My lovlies, the only reason y'all are exceptions are because I love you and can't bear to criticize you. But feel free to ask me for help in writing [ actually, don't, I'll just ruin your entire chapter ] and I'll gladly give it! )