𝐑𝐚𝐧𝐭: 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐎𝐂'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤

Hello, my dear people,

I never planned on doing rants, but here we are. 

What I'm going to say here is not limited to males. Female OCs can do this, too, but I've only ever seen male OCs like this in books. If you do know any books with female OCs doing this, then please, do send me the link.

Anyways:

The thing that's happening with these books is that the male OC starts stalking the Fem!OC because he's iNtErEsTeD in the fact that she looks so soft, sweet, and innocent, or maybe he's just a deranged psychopath.

And when she tells him to 'fuck off' ( in a far less vulgar language, because, as you know, sOfT, gEnTlE, aNd rEaL gIrLs dOn'T sWeAr ), he pulls out a fucking gun, kidnaps her, and tells her to marry him because he loves her. 

Or maybe he just smiles creepily at her and gives her a warning before kidnapping her and hurting her. 

I don't know about the rest of you, but this sounds like, oh, I don't know, an EMOTIONAL RESPONSE KNOWN AS STOCKHOLM SYNDROME RATHER THAN ACTUAL FUCKING LOVE?

I mean, look at it practically. A Roadside Romeo-ish character is stalking a girl, harassing her, making her feel uncomfortable, touching her without her permission, and, not to mention, making her feel weak and powerless. This person is also invading her privacy by finding out personal information about her that makes her feel squeamish and scared. 

( the reason I used the word 'girl' and referred to females in general as a victim of this assault in this instance is that, obviously, these books are always straight-people dominated with no LGBTQ+ representation whatsoever. )

Do you think you could ever fall in love with a guy/girl/person who does this to you?

I don't speak for everyone when I say this, but I am sure many others, like me, value their personal space and privacy more than anything else in the world, and this won't bode well with them. 

And the worst part? 

In actual life, people facing harassment such as this actually feel powerless. Telling people someone touched you without your permission or eve-teased you is not that easy. It makes a person feel dirty, the fact that they were touched, even if it is a small touch, such as grabbing the hand, by someone they weren't comfortable with. 

In most cases, people aren't even able to harm their harassers because these people are either far more powerful than them ( in physical strength, wealth, and political and social standing ) or they have weapons ( which means one wrong move and you're dead ).

Instead of writing a fucking romance novel that is cute and makes people ship your characters together, you're actually romanticizing a real-life issue that has ruined the mental health of many people. The fact that you make it seem as 'normal' really doesn't help their mental health a lot. 

I know that the people who like or write these kinds of books are going to get really defensive, and may say something along the lines of, 'It's just a book! It's not like it's happening in real life!'

Well, news flash, this is happening in real life and it's a serious issue, not a light-hearted joke. So please, for fuck's sake, stop this. It may seem harmless right now, but it's a big deal to people who have gone through it. 

That's all for this rant, and feel free to drop opinions in the comments. I swear I will look up each and everything you say. 

Bye-bye! I hope to see you here again soon! 

Love, 

Adhara.