Chapter 1.1: A Joke Known As Reincarnation (Revised)

"..."

It is supposed to be another usual morning, but the truth is, it was not even close to the meaning of the word 'usual' or 'ordinary'.

As I regained parts of my consciousness and heavily opened my eyelids, I found myself in nowhere, with pain all over my body. Yes, nowhere. Though my mind was still heavy and vague, but I trust what I saw, and I am sure that what I saw was no delusion or side effect of my fragmentary consciousness, or even the drawbacks resulted by the stinging pain which was almost unbearable. Around me was nothing but endless dimension filled by endless nothingness, and no matter where I go to, it just seems all the same. There was no light, and what existed was just endless nightmare with no obvious temperature, and this is to say, that this world or dimension did not provide me any warmth nor is cold.

Anyhow, after hours exploring this dark place and searched for hour, I finally gave up and sat down, silently waited for my luck to work and wished so that the way out will come to me by itself. Even though I didn't know what place it was, but it didn't matter to me anymore.

"Anyways, there are lots of weird things happening here, aren't there?"

As I murmured those words, I silently lowered my face and I lifted my hand then gazed at it quite long. Yes, it was one of those weird things I had been talking about. Albeit there was no light at all, I could still see my own self, without any problem, as if my body had light glowing from it.

Right after I inhaled and exhaled the air gently, I put my lifted hand down and lied down, then closed my two eyes.

Even when I couldn't see anything under me, I could still sense them.

Without opening my even a single eye, I let thoughts filling my mind.

"..."

I turned my body many times, trying to have a sleep so I could kill time. But no matter how many times I had tried, I just couldn't fall asleep!

Then half a day had passed, or so I wished. It was awkward, if I have to say. There was no voice but mine, and there was no one but me. Not to mention that I couldn't fall asleep no matter how many times I had tried, and that my stomach did not feel hungry despite of the time I have passed through.

"Urghh..."

I groaned desperately as I couldn't find other way to kill time. That was when a smart and logical question which people will usually think about popped to my mind.

"How did I even come here?"

As I tried to remember, the answer crossed my mind, and along with that, the lost pieces of my consciousness and my memories I'd been trying to find were finally brought up and merged.

"Haha... So, it's all because of that?"

Cold sweat rolled through all over my face, and the awkward laugh was unleashed instinctively.