Once Again

Marceline Abadeer, a name that sent shivers down most spines of the people in the Land of Ooh. Despite the fear of The vampire, her night club was the most exclusive and popular nightclub in all the land. It was a wild club, filled with young punk rockers, band groupies, dancers, artists, and people from every kingdom. The music was loud rock, a live band performed every night. The dance floor was packed with bodies dancing and swaying to the music.

Marceline sat at the bar, wearing ripped up dark blue dress that hugged her curves in all the right places. Despite the heat in the club, she wore a beat up, black leather jacket over the dress, and black combat boots. Her pale, blue-skin almost glowed under the black lights in the club, and her midnight black hair tumbled down her back. Marceline took a sip of her drink, an expensive red wine, and her fierce red eyes scanned the club before her.

Marceline's red and silver axe bass guitar was slung over her shoulder, it had a few bucks and scratches from years of usage, but it was polished and clean and a well cared for instrument. The blades were sharp as ever, and gleamed, a warning to anyone who would dare cross the vampire queen's back. Each scratch told a story, one was from a bar fight in the fire kingdom a few years back, another from a run-in with an ex-boyfriend. Her bass had been with her for a long time, and she loved it, each and every scratch.

Marceline's eyes lit up as she saw a figure enter the club, and found herself blushing with excitement.

***

She stood in the doorway of the loud, raucous club, feeling nervous. This was no place for a young woman like her, but she made her way in, walking with light, delicate steps.

Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum, or PB as her friends called her, wasn't a big fan of the night club. She appreciated and respected the culture, but it wasn't her kind of place. She moved through the dance floor, being pushed and shoved by sweaty bodies as she went. She didn't dare announce herself as royalty, this club was known for being a hangout of criminals and dangerous foes of many kinds.

To hide her royalty and blend in with the crowd, Bonnibel had dressed carefully for the little trip. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail, her makeup was darker, the black eyeshadow and dark red lipstick sharply contrasted with her soft, pale pink skin. Bonnibel wore a grey hoodie over her beloved shirt Marceline had given her (normally she would never wear it because of how precious it was to her, but it was perfect to wear in the club's setting). She wore some blue denim skinny jeans, she had ripped the knees of the jeans up to make them look like she hadn't bought them that morning. Bonnibel also wore a pair of scuffed up, dark brown leather boots, some work boots she had found stuffed in the back of her closet.

She pressed on, her slender body being pushed and shoved as she went. She barely dodged a drunken cloud girl who spilled her drink on herself. As Bonnibel made her way away from the dance floor, she spotted Marceline sitting at the bar. Smiling at her friend, Bonnibel strode over and sat on the empty bar stool next to her.

"Well well well...aren't you looking good tonight PB" Marceline remarked, licking her lips slowly. Bonnibel was used to this behavior, to Marceline trying to creep her out.

"Well I don't go to places like this often, I thought it best to dress for the occasion" She replied softly, her cheeks reddening.

"All dolled up for me? Oh PB, you are a darling" Marceline cooed with a malicious glint in her eyes. Bonnibel studied her face, the pale blue-grey skin, her tiny perfect nose, Marceline's full lips, a dark shade of blue. Marceline was perfect, her eyeliner and blue eyeshadow was flawless, her large red eyes were like two pools of bright red blood, framed by long, fan-like lashes.

"Marceline, you're drunk aren't you?" Bonnibel inquired, noting the empty glasses on the counter next to her.

"I'm nothing of the sort, I just had a few drinks" Marceline shot back, defensive. Bonnibel sighed, running her fingers through her ponytail.