001. ❛ meeting the madrigals ❜

R O S A

"YOUR PROBABLY THE DUMBEST PERSON ON THIS PLANET" I remarked, smacking the back of Carlos's head

"OW! You jerk!"

"Oh stop it you two, we're almost there" Mother shut up both of us up, in front of the wagon.

"Why did we have to move again?" Carlos asked, as Gael sat beside me handing me a mango.

"I'm glad we're moving back to Encanto, you guys will get to see where I grew up" Gael said amused, as I started standing up leaning on the sides to look out more. I'm guessing we're getting allot closer since I'm starting to hear the clatter of the town.

"Yeah, but we've been on the road FOREVER!" Carlos complained, throwing himself against me. I quirk a eyebrow at him, laughing slightly as people started to come into view.

I grow nervous and sit back down beside the boys. I never really liked interaction with other people since it would lead to asking millions of questions about the tattoos scattered along my body. They weren't everywhere, they covered my back, my thighs, and half way down my arms. And some small things on my hand. Some connected to my powers and were unnecessary quotes or pretty drawings .

"Hey, Rosa it's going to be okay- There's allot of people here with gifts like you" Gael comforted me, but it didn't help.

"Yeah, I know about the Madrigals and how gifted they are but... They know how to control all of it, while I still don't" At times like these, Carlos would also become nervous. He was still a outgoing guy and people person, but a new place and people gives him a little bit of anxiety at first.

"It's going to be all fine, I promise" Gael assures me, giving me a comforting smile. I notice as Carlos starts looking around as we start to enter the town. I feel something tracing my hand and look down.

Carlos holds my hand, tracing the small designs with his other hand while his head sets on my shoulder. This was type of times, I loved my tattoos. Ever since I got them and Carlos has started to get anxiety he would ease his nerves with tracing my designs on my hand. It made me feel closer to him, and protective over him.

It made me happy, knowing I had a good relationship with both my brothers- yes we get into thousands of fights but we're still family at the end of the day.

"AH! PEPA!" All our heads jerked hearing- our mother squeal as the wagon suddenly came to a stop.

"Did mom just-" Carlos didn't finish his sentence as we all watched mom jump into a curly haired ginger woman arms- who must be Pepa.