Chapter 2

Aunt Carly's house
                        Ashlynn
                      10:44 A.M.

    I knocked on the redwood carved door. Jackson, almost literally bouncing off the wall in excitement. After a minute the door opens with a huge gust of warmth spreading across my body. “Hey girl’s!” Carly exclaims, her warm soothing voice almost calming. As usual My little sister practically jumps up and into Carly’s arms. “Oh my you're getting so big!” She says as she wraps Jackson up in her scarf. “Please come in, it's freezing out here” She makes her way inside with my sister as I follow. Her house is a lot nicer than mine. Leather seats at the dining table, marble floors, White furniture, all of the above and more. Her husband, Aiden, greets us. “Well hello ladies, How is the morning blizzard?” He looks up at us from his newspaper. “Freezing right Jackie?” I say. “Yeah its cooold” Somehow she has gathered a huge fluffy blanket and a little corner on the couch. I decide to sit on one of the leather seats already exhausted before my day even begins. 

    After a while of sulking in my chair Carly practically drags me off to another room. “What’s up? '' I say standing in the middle of the room awkwardly looking at the window as she sat on the edge of the black and white flowered bed staring intensely at me. “No, don't whatsapp me girl, why are you being all..” She gestures up and down at me. 𝘞𝘰𝘸, 𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦. “Nothing, it was a restless night that's all.” She then scoffs. Her eyes pierced into me as I shifted back and forth. “Okay, sure, whatever Ash” Slouching, she takes a sip out of a cup of coffee. As an awkward silence fell in the room, I felt my stomach tying itself into knots. I groaned to myself, Switching my gaze to her coffee. It was her favorite. White mocha with caramel drizzle. After A few more minutes of silence went by, She stood up and hugged me, Shocked at the sudden gesture I froze. Unsure if I should hug her back or say something. Before I could make up my mind, She stepped back, her hands squeezing my arms a little. "You look absolutely exhausted A, Are you sure everything is okay?" I made a slight noise suddenly becoming way too uncomfortable with her touching me. I guess she got the hint because she let her hands fall to her side, a pity-filled expression playing across her face. I hugged myself, mumbling to her, "I'm fine, I-I got it all under control" My face hardened, not showing any emotion as I glanced up at her face, Her Worried Light blue eyes debating on pushing more. 𝘊'𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘊𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺! 𝘗𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺! She sighed, shaking her head slightly, "If you say so A" I swear she looked like she was about to say something else but right at that moment her husband came. "Give Her a little breathing room Sweetheart" He stood behind Carly, Wrapping his arms comfortably around her. 𝘖𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘈𝘪𝘥𝘦𝘯!! I look up at them And nod at Aiden silently thanking him for helping me. He just smiled at me and went back to teasing Carly. I silently walked out of the room and checked the time 11:48. I sigh as It dawns on me that I have to work in 35 Minutes. 𝘜𝘨𝘩, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘉𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺. A Quiet groan escaped from me, as I put my head in my hands. Taking a deep breath, I pick up my head, Looking over at Jackson out of habit. She was cacooned in a big blanket watching some kid show. A small smile Painted onto my face, but quickly faded as I walked back to Carly and Aiden. "Um, Hey I think I'm going to go ahead and H-head out okay?" I mumbled hoping to get out of her as soon as possible. Carly looked at me, her darkened eyes trying to tell if I needed a hug or not. I kept my face nuetral, Trying not to give away any sign of me not doing well. I guess she chose to leave this because she just smiled "Okay, be careful kiddo!" Aiden nodded. I quickly turned on my heel and left.