Chapter 1

Barry slowly opened his eyes and stared at the busted ceiling above him groaning as he rolled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom as he scrolled his phone, his cheap WiFi of course making it hard to reply or even load messages.

All his friends were excited about the upcoming school year and talking about it in the group chat Barry was having a hard time replying to all the texts.

"Damn phone... I seriously need to get a new one soon..." He complained.

Barry started his shower which he was shocked the shower even worked first try, after his shower and he brushed his teeth he threw on his brand new school uniform and made his way downstairs; every other step creaked as he stepped on them and started making his lunch, not too long into making his lunch he heard a knock at his door followed by the door swinging open.

A boy wearing the same uniform as him stepped in with light brown hair and brown eyes he smiled brightly.

"Gooooood morning to you!" The boy said cheerfully flopping onto the couch, Barry stared at him with his sleep filled eyes

"Kawan... how the hell do you have this much energy.. it's too early." Barry said with a yawn as Kawan sprung from the couch

"Well, your not wrong but its our first year at this school! Think of all the girls there!" He exclaimed as another boy stepped into the front door, wearing the same uniform unable to resist a smile from the Kawan's energy.

"Gee, Kawan. Take it down a notch, would you?" The boy said with a slight chuckle, in his hand he help a sandwich wrapped up in tinfoil he put it down on the counter and slid it to Barry.

"Here's a breakfast sandwich to keep you going, figured that a certain someone would forget it was his turn to pick up breakfast for you." the boy said as he gave Kawan a glare, who only sighed in disappointment
"Cut me some slack, Izaiah. I totally forgot..." Kawan grumbled.

The three of them left the house as soon as  Barry finished making his lunch, they begun the walk to school, as they walked Barry quietly ate his breakfast sandwich while the other two chitchatted about the school year.

As they approached the school, Kawan quickly left the two in order to talk to some of the girls he saw chilling by the front doors.

Izaiah left shortly after to find his homeroom class, leaving Barry going in the opposite direction to find his. Feeling a bit lost since he didn't know the school at all but found it after a couple minutes of searching, the second he entered the room he recognized a friendly face by the window. 
The boy had brown hair and an earbud in one ear Barry hurried up and sat in the desk next to him, hanging the bag off his chair
"Hey Patty! What's up?" Barry exclaimed, excited to see his friend.
The boy turned and smiled when he saw Barry.

"Hey Barry. What's up man." Patty replied as they did a little handshake

"Eh, just chillin', feels weird having to move to a new school, because of... you know." Barry said

Patty nodded, they all had to move high schools because there old one had closed down due to the poor condition of the school and the amount of kids who dropped out, it was in a real rough part of town.

"To be honest, I'm shocked this place let us in. I guess we have you to thank for that." Barry added, Patty just smiled.

"Yeah, I'm shocked Futaro even suggested all five of us came here." Patty responded, more students begun to pile in, one particular girl stood out as she walked in, she had reddish-orange hair with star hairclips, she took a seat two desks behind Patty. Barry noticed Patty's face turn slightly red as soon as he saw her, a little brighter when she was so close to him. Barry smirked and tapped his ankle.

"Oooh, does Patty have a crush!~" Barry whispered teasingly, Patty frowned annoyed.

"Sh-shut up...I do not." He grumbled, Barry could tell he was lying.

The teacher eventually entered the room and class was shortly in session.

~Izaiah POV~

Izaiah had his first class on the second floor, on his way to the staircase he caught notice of Kawan already making friends with a group of guys and girls but as he looked at the front door he saw someone full sprinting towards the front door, the face on the person looked almost too familiar , Izaiah groaned when the person got closer to the door.

It was their friend Philly, who clearly slept in. As usual.

"Move outta the way, everyone!!" He cried as he pushed past people, screaming. Izaiah could not help but sigh but noticed a young girl with light pinkish hair walk by, clearly within Philly's way. She was companied by someone who looked similar to her but had brownish hair and wireless headphones around her neck, Izaiah stepped down from the staircases and grabbed the pinkish haired girls wrist and pulled her away from the stairs.

"Sorry for this but if I didn't you'd be hit by a speeding truck." Izaiah smiled

The pinkish haired girl looked confused but before long Philly zoomed by, nearly slamming himself into a wall.

"O-Oh, that's what you meant. Thank you for that." the girl said with an awkward chuckle.
Izaiah let go of her wrist and took a step back.

"It's not a problem! By the way, I'm Izaiah, what about yours?" Izaiah introduced

"Well, I'm Ichika. and this is Miku." Ichika introduced, Miku just kind of stared at Izaiah.

"Hello." Miku said quietly.

The three of them stood there in awkward silence until Izaiah cleared his throat.
"Well, it was nice meeting you two. I hope you two have a blessed day!" Izaiah awkwardly said as he headed back up the stairs.

"How awkward, but I can't just sit around like that forever." Izaiah thought to himself as he made his way towards his homeroom.