VI ; An Enemy's Proposal, "All Those Left Behind Are The Same."

A series of kicks is what awakes me from my deep slumber. I groggily lift my head and moan, "Now, now, wake up sweetheart," I frown at the alien voice.

My eyes flutter open and go wide as they see what's before them. A man crouches to my level, smiling disturbingly. I'm about to scream, but I soon feel the increased pressure of a sharp cold metal tip, which I assume is a knife.

I can do nothing but stare into the strange face before me, and the smile on his face, which refuses to wither away. It only grows eerier as the seconds pass by. With such sinister eyes, it sends shivers down my spine. I fight the urge to jerk in disgust as the knife is held so tight against my neck.

"Wake the others up. I wanna see if they're as pretty as this one." He orders and two other men move almost instinctively. He watches them as they hastily pull the bags off their heads.

I whimper as Darcy and Luna's sleeping faces come into my sight. "Shush, now, don't want to go waking the dead." If he increases the knife's pressure any further, it's going to tear right into my skin.

He removes the knife and stuffs a thick cloth into my mouth. He then tightly wraps a belt around my mouth. There's no way of me speaking a damn thing.

Tears fall down my eyes as he begins to kick Darcy with a gruesome amount of force. He places the knife to her neck, and she reacts so differently than I did. She's so calm, unphased by the man before her, holding a knife to her neck. "Ahhhh, this one's better. We'd get a little extra since she's so damn pretty." He smiles widely.

"But I suppose everyone will want the younger one. It's too bad no one is going to notice these two beautiful women as much as the kid." He sighs as if he were sad.

I study the man as he now stands, looking down at Luna. He's tall, and armed with a gun that stands out, kept just above his tail bone. A grey stubble fills his face, and the silky hair on his head is kept long and wavy, broad shoulders, with muscular arms.

There are about five other men in the same room, all similar, buff, dark clothing and quiet. "We should sell the little one in exchange for medical supplies, guns and ammo, the dark head one for food and water. and the one with the curls can stay."

"She might not be as valuable as the other two, but I'm sure you boys can find her useful." I whimper loudly, loud enough for them to all turn their heads my way. The guy from before walks over and crouches once more.

"Don't take it the wrong way, darling, your honey brown hair and, mmm, what is that? Maybe hazel eyes? Both are quite seductive features. I'm a businessman after all and I do honestly

find her more alluring," He points to Darcy with the knife. "Something about the pretty brown eyes that look good on her. Not to mention her figure's much slimmer than yours, but don't worry, baby fat tends to burn away. That's why she'd sell for a lot more than you."

I glare at him as anger emanates from my raging mind. He smiles at the look on my face and puckers his dry lips, then kisses the tip of my nose. I turn my head away, but he clutches my chin forcefully and pulls it towards him.

"That's enough for now," he winks at me, then gets up and strolls to the door of the room. Steaming tears fall down my cheeks, and I look at Darcy as she tries to comfort a crying Luna.

"Where did you put the men?" he asks calmly, and a deep voice answers. "In the parking lot, tied to the pillars."

"Let's hope they're still alive, otherwise place them in the sewers for the next hopeful wanderers."

"Yes, sir." The room empties, and only a single guard is left behind.

Fury boils inside of me, and I try to wipe my tears away. There's no way in Hell we're dying here. I fumble with my hands and feel it gripping the chain that Marcus gave me in the sewers.