Part 10

The aurora borealis shone bright in the sky, over a pine tree standing tall, decorated with lanterns. "... And so, the new-born spirit's adventure began." said the father Snowfall Villager, "And the girl returned to the village. She hanged a bright lantern on the village's tallest tree to guide her friend when he comes back." The Snowfall Villager looked back to his daughter from the glowing lanterns on the tree, "Time passed, and more villages started hanging their lanterns for their dear ones during the coldest days of the year." The Snowfall Villager's daughter looked up at the tree with wonder, then to him, "Woah... That's why I told you to hang it higher, daddy! Because I love our family soooo much!" said the Young Snowfall Villager with excitement, as her father laughed with delight, "Ha ha, so did I, kid! Hey, its almost time to make the wishes! Let's hurry!" he said, as his daughter eagerly replied "Right, right! Let's run!" Just then, an old Snowfall villager came over, "You have to make your wish on the hill from where the tall cliff can be seen..." they said. The villager had pale dough, with icy blue eyes, and cream colored hair with a black hat on top. The coat she was wearing went down into a skirt, with a blue and brown pattern, and she held a lantern in one hand. "Cotton Cookie! It's great to see you here!" said the father Snowfall villager. "Wow, it's granny Cotton Cookie! Do you know the lantern story too?" said the little cookie. "... Ho ho, oh, of course! It is my favorite story." said Cotton Cookie, "Now, go make your wish. Or all of the good spots will be taken." she encouraged. The little cookie turned to her father, "Oh no! Hurry up, dad!" she urged, as they both started to leave. Cotton Cookie stayed by the tree, which was all decorated with lanterns. "Its snowing tonight... Soft, warm snow." Cotton Cookie started, "I hope you are happy out there, dancing among the snowflakes. Stay safe in your travels!" she said looking up, as the aurora borealis glowed brightly in the sky, as well as the lanterns in the tree.