\*/ Chapter One \*/

"I am Iron Man."

Five Months Later

I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door to 10880 Malibu Point 90265. A man in a white muscle tank top opened the door, I slammed an envelope into his chest and walked past him. I walked into his house and sat on his couch.

"What do you want, kid?"

"Just read the envelope."

"Why-"

"Read it."

"Fine," he rolled his eyes and then opened the envelope. As he read it his eyes got wider and wider. "Is this real? Hey, Pepper!"

"What, do you want to see my birth certificate or something?"

"Actually, yes," I reached into my backpack and handed him my birth certificate. He sat down and facepalmed, "Umm, Pepper?"

"Yes, Tony?" He handed Pepper the letter and my birth certificate.

"Oh my God, Tony." My stomach was in knots. You see, Tony Stark's my dad. Hell, I wish he wasn't. The letter's about how my mom died last month and how I'm his kid. It was full of lies.

I am his kid but my mom died six years ago. She was killed by Hydra. I was taken from her and my siblings. They were also taken by Hydra. I was tortured and forced to kill. The first time I killed someone I was seven. I'm twelve. The only reason I'm out is because of SHIELD. SHIELD has a team of kids, kids who escaped. They call themselves the Survivors. The oldest members are sixteen but the leader, Gene, he's thirteen. Their whole job is to save the other kids, like me.

After they broke me out, SHIELD ran a DNA test on me. They found everything about me, my ethnicity, where I grew up, why Hydra wanted me, and who my father was. Fury drafted the letter and gave me a proper birth certificate. Apart of the Survivors, my job is to find out if my dear old dad is worthy to be on a team of superheroes.

I was staring off into space until Pepper said something that piqued my interest, "I'll put her in the third guest room."

"Yeah, sure, whatever." She rolled her eyes and then looked at me. She smiled. I smiled back.

"Kade," I said and then shook her hand.

"Ms. Potts, but you can call me Pepper."

"Pepper," I whispered to myself so I would remember not to call her Ms. Potts.

She walked with me upstairs and turned into the hallway to the left. When we reached the fifth door she said, "This will be your room, Dear. The door to your right is the bathroom, it connects to your room."

"Thank you, Pepper, it's really kind of you to show me around, even if it's just to my room."

"Oh, it's no problem, really, Kade." I smiled at her and she smiled back. She turned and walked back downstairs leaving me staring at my door.

I know this is a short chapter and I'm sorry but my introduction chapters are usually short. I ended up going with Iron Man 2. Sorry about my bad grammar. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Your Friend,

Charlie S.