Chapter 10: The Demon Train

The Day After, With Lynn

"H-Hey, should we really be doing this?" Lynn asked with worry of what they were about to do.

"Quiet! The police are already looking for us! This is the only way we can make it onto the train with our swords! Plus, I'm not letting this ticket go to waste after just buying it!" Zenitsu said as Lynn, Tanjirou, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were sneaking around at one of the newly established train stations in the land.

It had been a day since Lynn parted ways with you, and deciding to follow your advice, she joined Tanjirou and his friends on their adventures in order to hunt down the Twelve Kizuki. A messenger crow had informed them about a demon possibly devouring humans aboard a train. They were also informed that they were to join the Flame Hashira, Rengoku Kyojuro, and assist him in hunting and exterminating the demon that was aboard the large contraption. However, due to looking a bit suspicious in their Demon Slayer uniforms and the fact they were armed with swords, people were a bit scared and police were onto them. Managing to avoid them and sneak back around on the platform of the station, they found themselves staring at the train they were told to board as the whistle blared its signal that it was about to leave as the steam engine began to leave the station.

"For now, let's hide our swords on our backs." Zenitsu said before noticing the train was about to leave the station. "Oh no! The train's leaving! Are the police still around?" He said while looking around with worry.

"We'll have to go even if they are." Tanjirou said as Inosuke suddenly burst out in excitement.

"AHAAAHH!! I'm taking you on! Lord of this land!" Inosuke said before running out towards the tail end of the train that was exiting the station.

"Hey, idiot!" Zenitsu called out before Lynn suddenly ran pass him to follow her boar masked friend and Tanjirou spoke up.

"We should go, too!" Tanjirou said before running off after them as well.

"Huh? Hey, don't leave me behind!" Zenitsu said before running out of cover as they were running toward the end of the platform.

Inosuke and Lynn both jumped onto the back of the train with ease before Tanjirou followed suit, landing next to them as they turned back around. Reaching the end of the platform, Zenitsu was forced to jump on the tracks and run as fast as he could after the train which was increasing in speed. 

"W-Wait up! Tanjirou! Inosuke! Lynn!" Zenitsu cried out as he grabbed onto the rail of the train.

"Zenitsu!" Tanjirou and the other two reached over to pull Zenitsu onto the rear entrance to the back train car.

Opening the door, Tanjirou led the three of them into the train car that was filled with people minding their own business while traveling on the steam engine. Lynn followed closely looking in amazement of how nice the inside of the train looked, while Zenitsu had to deal with Inosuke who was running rampant in awe and excitement of being inside the train. Tanjirou stopped to help an elderly passenger with her luggage while Lynn was admiring a cute baby she saw in one of the seats, telling the mother how cute her baby was while the baby slept. While continuing down the cars in search for the person they're suppose to meet, Zenitsu spoke up while dragging Inosuke behind him.

"He's a Hashira, right? This Rengoku person...Are you sure you'll recognize his face?" Zenitsu asked while Tanjirou led them down the aisle.

"Sure. He had this gaudy hairstyle, and I remember his scent, too." Tanjirou said as they reached the door to the next car, and Inosuke gasped in excitement that startled the civilians, so Zenitsu dragged him away with speed as they waited at the next door. "I think I'll know it's him once we get close." Tanjirou said as Lynn spoke up.