Chapter 23: Rage Against Evil

You were traveling through an open field of tall grass as the moon its light down upon the land, and you came to a stop in the middle of the field as the wind blew by. Smelling the disgusting stench you recognized as Muzan's scent, you drew your blade from your side and watched as from the dark treeline ahead, someone walked out of the shadows and into the moonlight. Furrowing your brows with disappointment, you watched as Upper Moon One, Kokushibo, approached you.

"Have you come to give up your master and your life?" You asked as Kokushibo drew his blade from his side.

"I've come to please my master by delivering your head to him." Kokushibo said as you were unimpressed by his words.

"Then I shall gladly anger him by cutting you down." You said as the winds blew through the fields as its brisk breeze moving the tall grass could be the only thing heard. "Come." You said as Kokushibo broke into a sprint towards you.

Play
Title: Inuyasha OST-Fierce Fighting
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKLrV8lULoA

Sprinting through the tall grass, Kokoushibo suddenly broke to his right and began to run circle your position as you watched only with your eyes, unamused by his antics. Kokoushibo continued to circle you to try and find an opening to strike with his blade, but being a master swordsman before becoming a powerful demon, he knew even with your unguarded stance that there was virtually no opening for him to strike. Seeing this, his hand was already forced as he returned his blade to his sheath and leaped into the air. Looking up, you watched as he quickly gripped his hilt and began to draw his sword once more as a strong stench alerted your nose to an incoming Blood Art.

"Breath of the Moon, First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace." Kokushibo drew his sword and slashed in a horizontal direction as he unleashed numerous chaotic crescent blades flying towards you.

"This novice tricks will get you no where." You said as your right finger tips glowed green and you unleashed your light whip.

Barely moving a muscle, you used your whip to quickly make work of his attacks as the moment the crescent blades came in contact with your whip, they immediately exploded into smoke. Dispelling your light whip and lowering your hands, you sensed a change in his scent and looked to the right to see him slide across the ground with a gigantic version of his blade as he swung it in your direction.

"Breath of the Moon, Seventh Form: Mirror of Misfortune, Moonlit." Kokushibo released his next attack as long-range powerful slashes appeared in the ground going in random directions towards you.

You jumped into the air and easily avoided the entire attack as Kokushibo readied his next form to attack you from the ground. Kokushibo tightened the grip on his sword as it returned back to normal size watched as you floated above the ground and hovered in front of the moon, making his aim that much easier for him.

"Third Form: Loathsome Moon, Chains." Kokushibo quickly slashed the air twice in horizontal directions a storm of smaller crescent blades made its way towards you.

"Poison Claw." You cracked the fingers on your right hand as they glowed a misty green color and you threw your hand forward to unleash a spray of acid.

Once again your acid was more than capable of dispelling his attacks, but the potency this time was enough to continue its travel downwards and towards Kokushibo as the rank one Upper Moon was forced roll out of the way as the acid splashed where he used to stand. Looking over to see the grass and ground slowly melting into an acidic puddle, Kokoushibo looked back to see you flying down towards him with your claws extended, and barely in time, he was able to jump away as you dug your hand into the ground below. Though he landed at a safe distance away from you, he was not able to escape completely as a scar burned on the right side of his face and he winced as he forced himself to heal. Looking over to him with the same stoic face you had since the beginning of this encounter, you pulled your hand out slowly and wiped off the dirt that was on your hand before looking briefly to see it was still dirtied and would probably need water to be washed.