Chapter 3: The Demons Among The Slayers

After finally reaching the destination by taking various routes to conceal the location of the base, you found yourself waiting outside a door as Lynn stood next to you. After a few more minutes, the door slid open and Shinobu appeared as Lynn gulped down a breath of air while you had an unfazed look.

"Come in, the master will be here shortly." Shinobu said as Lynn stepped through the door nervously and you followed her in.

Just as you had entered however, the scent of an incoming attack filled the air as you reached for your Tokijin and blocked an oncoming attack from a dual-blade wielder.

"What the hell is this? What did you bring back with you, Shinobu!?" The attack said as you glared at him.

"Know your place, vermin." You said as you slashed your blade and sent the attacker away.

As you stared at the person who dared to attack you, you were able to get a better look at what the vermin looked like. He was a tall, wide-set man of a bulky, muscular build with lightly-tanned skin. His hair was white and of uneven length, the longest strands reaching his shoulders, and was styled with three more notable, shorter clumps arching up to fall as bangs between his eyes and on either side of his face. He had quite thin, maroon eyes that appeared to slant inwards, each with one long eyelash flowing to the far side of his face. Looking at his blades you saw that they were two larger-than-normal blades, which each had a notch in the sharp ends of their blades, connected together at the hilt by a metal chain.

"Uzui-san, I ask that you stop there." Shinobu said as the Dual-Wielding Hashira showed no signs of stopping.

"Were you brainwashed or something? That's a demon! What's even more dangerous is that it's out in broad daylight! A demon like that can't be allowed to live." Uzui said as he pointed his blades towards you.

"I see..." You said as Lynn turned towards you with a worried look. "You appear to be the type of vermin who was born ignorant. Living your life ignorantly cutting down these weak pieces of trash you call demons." You said as a dark and malevolent aura seemed to pour off of your blade as everyone had a nervous look appear on their faces. "You may as well die ignorant." You said as your blade began to surge with a strange power the humans had never seen before.

"Don't do it!" Lynn suddenly threw herself in front of you as you stared down at her.

"Hey! Move!" Uzui yelled as he went to charge in, but Shinobu's blade suddenly stopped just short of his throat.

"This demon is definitely dangerous, but its something that's not under the control of 'him', so if we can persuade him to our side, then maybe the tides of battle can shift in our favor." She tried to explain before hearing your demeaning voice.

"Don't be ignorant." You said as Lynn turned her head back to you. "I do not intend on working with the lowly likes of you pathetic demon hunters." You said as Lynn turned toward you with a pleading look.

"Please, Lord Y/N! I know you would never work with them, but please at least hear them out. They could have information that may point you in the right direction of things. Please, I beg of you, my lord!" She bowed her head to you as you stared down at her.

There was a slight breeze as the tension amongst you all was so serious, you could hear a sweat drop hit the rocks in the garden. Lynn raised her head with a pleading look and as you stared at her, the face of Rin appeared in her place as you were mentally taken a back, but maintained your seldom look. After a few more moments, the aura that appeared around your sword suddenly dissipated and you sheathed your blade as Lynn seemed relieved that she was able to make a persuasion from you at least.