Chapter 19: Shisui's Birthday!

Kiyomi POV

Kiyomi POV

October 19 was circled in red on my calendar for Shisui's birthday. We were going to host a surprise party for him! But even a week before Shisui's birthday, I still could not find him a birthday present.

"Mikoto-san," I asked when I visited her as she was cooking lunch. "just curious, but what are you planning for Shisui's gift?"

"I was planning on making a Mikoto's special for dinner and baking him a chocolate cake for dessert." Mikoto beamed and twirled around with her ladle in hand. "What are you going to give him Kiyomi-chan?"

"Erm I don't quite know what to get him. I know he likes to read and train a lot but..." I put my hand under my chin in thought.

"Don't worry Kiyomi-chan. You still have some time! Just get him something thoughtful that you think he will like. You got this!" Mikoto smiled. I hope my ship sails. They are so cute together Mikoto thought.

Hmm maybe Shisui would like some new ninja weapons! I'll go to a weapons shop! "Ojisan, those are the newest models of shurikens right? I would like to purchase some of those" I pointed to the shurikens on display.

"That's right young lady. I see you have a good eye!" The man behind the counter chuckled.

"Heh heh well I'm just getting a present for my friend! He likes to train a lot." I grinned.

"Oh well in this case I'll throw in some of those new kunais for your boyfriend!" he said and placed the items in a lovely gift box.

"E-eh boyfriend? We aren't really-" I blushed as I took my purchases.

"You'll see soon enough. But speaking from experience, the best gift is spending time with loved ones." he placed his hand over his heart.

I went to a bridge and looked at my reflection in the water. Were the kunais not enough? I don't really understand what the man said.

****************

It was the day of Shisui's birthday and everyone was busy preparing for the surprise party. Mikoto was cooking up a storm in her kitchen, while Sasuke, Itachi, Izumi, and some of Shisui's teammates were helping Shisui's parents to decorate their living room. I was supposed to keep Shisui occupied since the Hokage gave Shisui the day off when Shisui went to report to him in the morning.

Around lunchtime I looked around the village for Shisui, and I found him soon enough. He was surrounded by a swarm of fangirls screaming Happy Birthday and bombarding him with presents. I started to walk towards him but thought better of it and decided I would talk to him later. I guess he's really popular *sigh*.

 I guess he's really popular *sigh*