-reasons-

They didn't say much that day

They didn't say much that day. Nor did they the next few days. Xiao would stare at the younger from time to time but Aether had the feeling he was avoiding him.

Aether told his best friends about the kiss and everything and they were beyond shocked. Paimon even wanted to call the police for Zhongli and Childe. And Amber couldn't stop asking whether he liked Xiao and whether they were dating.

But honestly Aether didn't even know himself. He thought he was getting avoided but couldn't quite understand why. He didn't know if he liked the older boy but he did feel sad.

It was a rainy saturday afternoon and Aether was just getting ready for his new part-time job which Amber introduced him to, they would even be coworkers.

The grey sky only made him more depressed but he decided to cheer up and forget about Xiao and everything else, at least for today.

So he went on with his day and did everything to suppress his emotions. When he got to the café he was now working at, he got introduced to his coworkers and they already get along.

An hour before closing time a bell could be heard, the sign that someone entered. "Welcome to...", Aether trailed off as soon as he saw the person who came in.

It was Xiao but not alone. He was with a really pretty girl. She had blonde hair, tied into a ponytail and was wearing a beautiful blue dress.

Normally Aether stays true to his words, but ignoring his feelings in this situation was kinda hard for him. He put on an awkward and obviously fake smile and went to get their order.

That it will be ready soon, was what he told them and excused himself. The most irritating part wasn't that Xiao pretended nothing happened, it was the girl next to him.

For some unknown reason she couldn't stop teasing him and pinching his cheeks the whole evening. When Aether served their order he immediately went into the employees room.

Amber and his new friend Venti noticed he was feeling down and Venti kept pestering him until he told him everything.

"I'm so gonna beat his ass!" Amber stood up, ready to fight and then Venti got up too. "I'm in! Bring it on!" It really took the blonde a lot strength to stop them from making a ruckus in here.

It was almost closing time now and already dark outside. Leaving the backroom, he took his things and was ready to leave.

He didn't even glance at the green haired boy but he could clearly feel that the other was staring at him. He quickly opened the door and walked out.

At the bus stop he let himself slump onto the bench. He hugged his knees and just stared at the cars driving past him, one after the other.

The boy was shivering. He didn't bring a warmer jacket. Eight minutes til the bus arrives. He sighed, he was probably gonna freeze to death. That's what he thought until he felt a weight on his shoulders.