~Seventh Chapter~

A/N Azra's dress, hair and earrings are above, along with Azriel's suit! The suit or tie for Azriel wasn't exactly what I had imagined but they're the closest images I could find.

P.O.V Azriel

Nervous. For the first time in decades, I woke up nervous. The ball is tonight, and I get to see Azra again.

She wants me to be seen in public with me, in public with my scarred hands. Unless I wear my gloves. Yes, that sounds like a good idea. That way she won't get embarrassed by my hands, and she won't be scared of me. She has yet to see my hands without gloves, and in truth I'm scared of her reaction. She seemed to be okay with my shadows, but who knows, she could be good at hiding her true feelings. Although I hope I would've been able to detect her true feelings.

My shadows swarm around me, encasing me in their darkness. They move faster and faster around me with each thought of how this night will go badly. How Azra will never want to talk to me again, how she will be scared or embarrassed of me.

A knock sounding from my door breaks me out of my thoughts. I tell whoever to come in, as my shadows tell me Cassian and Rhysand.

My brothers bound through the door, one after the other. Cassian stretches out on my long couch, putting his feet up, while Rhys relaxes into the single chair beside him.

"That suit actually looks pretty good" Cassian tells me surprised, "Where did you find it?"

"Azra gifted it to me" I say, while adjusting the tie. When I opened the box earlier, I was pleasantly surprised at what I found. She gifted me a black three-piece suit, with a cobalt blue tie. When I tried it on it fit like a glove, and was easy to move in. The suit even had wing slits for me, apart from the suit jacket. She also gifted me a blue handkerchief with shadows embroidered in gold stitching on it. Her favorite colors.

"I never thought I would see you wearing a tie" Rhys says, "The cloth looks of fine material, like Fae material."

I nod, I noticed that as well. The suit was not scratchy like I originally anticipated, instead the inside was made of silk and felt cool against my skin.

"Has she told you anything about her travels in Prythian? About how she got into the Night Court?" Rhysand asks, ever being the High Lord.

"No. I haven't asked. I figured she would tell me when she wants to." I answer, trying to brush by the topic.

"Have you asked her anything?" he presses

"Yes. Her favorite colors are blue and gold. She doesn't like riding horses, but carriages are fine. She loves trying new food, and peaches from the Day Court are her favorite" I blabber out, "Among other things...."

Cassian whacks Rhysand in the shoulder and says, "I don't think he's ever talked so much at once outside of court business"

I scowl at him, but don't say anything, knowing it's true.

Rhys grins at him, "I bet he doesn't shut up around Azra". Cassian laughs at what he said.

I burn holes into Rhys and Cassian's heads, listening to them joke more and more about my talking habits. I turn around, walking back to my desk, making sure I have everything I need to leave. A dagger sheathed to each of my calves, and two smaller knives in my suit jacket. I take my jacket off the desk and lay it over my arm, not wanting to glamour my wings until I have to. I grab the bouquet of purple and green wildflowers off my desk and turn back to my brothers to say goodbye.

"Look Rhys, he got her flowers and everything!" Cassian teases

Rhysand grins and tells me "Feyre wanted to talk to you before you left, and I'm sure Mor will want to see you dressed up. They're in the dining room"