25

The next day, Shin was visibly distressed and was distracted all day. He kept stealing glances from M/N, wanting to approach but was too conflicted to do so.

Shin wondered if he did something that startled M/N away. The poor baby desperately racked his brains for anything he done that might've offended his kouhai but he couldn't think of any.

Not that anyone noticed. People don't really pay attention to the Occult Club in the first place.

There were even rumours that the some of the deaths might be related to their after school activities. It might've drawn some bad energy to their school or something. It's certainly odd to see 6 teenagers -- covered from head to toe-- continue chanting around a summoning circle even with all the unfortunate events that happening around then.

Not to mention their club leader's stalker tendencies. Even if they weren't the one being stalked, it still made whoever witnessed it uncomfortable.

Geiju couldn't watch from afar anymore and walked straight to M/N in front of Shin.

" M/N. "

" Ah, senpai...senpai? Where are you taking me? "

Senpai.

An honorific is used when someone is older than you in age or they have more experience in a field than you...

It isn't wrong for M/N to call him so but...

It's infuriating! Clearly, their relationship was doing just fine before. M/N calling him senpai sounded more formal than he was comfortable with. How did they become so distant?

Remembering his parents constantly urging him to hurry up and snag M/N home.

He didn't think it was as bad as they made it seem so he felt no need to rush anything. Habitually, he waited for M/N to approach him like before.

Any second now, M/N would come around the corner and rush over to his side with a smile. It was a beautiful fantasy but instead, the times he saw his lovable little kouhai lessened until he could barely catch a glimpse of the other's shadow.

Only after the Art Club was dissolved did he realise how popular M/N actually was. More importantly, how many people are eyeing his kouhai.

How will he mend their relationship so it can return to how it was before?

Geiju remained silent and M/N didn't bother to continue prying. He just let him drag him wherever he wanted since he highly doubted his senpai wanted to murder him so it'll probably wouldn't hurt to follow his lead.

Shin, who probably inherited this habit after the Occult Club's leader, tailed after them from the distance.

Geiju eyed the person that M/N was clinging to yesterday.

Yes, he was aware that M/N hugged the Vice President of the Occult Club. The hug lasted for a minute or so but...

Geiju watched as the other nervously trembled in M/N's hold but still enjoyed M/N's closeness.

Shin wasn't even holding his book properly. M/N probably couldn't see how Shin's eyes lit up, obviously smitten.

Hmph.

Geiju's face didn't shift as his thoughts slowly took a darker turn but who could ever tell?

" Senpai, I -- Kizano?? " Kizano hurriedly speed-walks his way over. To Kizano, maintaining elegance and grace at all times was important to him so running was simply impossible for him to do.

Imagine.

He -- the genius actor, Kizano Sunobu -- rushing himself in an unsightly manner.

He would be a mess.