Chapter 1

So fun fact this chapter has been done over a year ago but I just never feel satisfied no matter how much I work on it. I've just gotta get over the fact that I've gotta build up to the fun stuff first.

Either way heres a new chapter, hope you enjoy.

**************************************
Ben groggily took a large gulp of the over-priced coffee he had grabbed from the coffee cart outside of the hospital on his way to check the board for his scheduled surgeries.

It always amazed him that even after years of being an anesthesiologist he still couldn't bring himself to be pleasant so early in the morning without caffeine, he was a night owl at heart and it never changed no matter how many early shifts he'd had to work through.

The coffee from the attending lounge at Seattle Grace was awful, which meant he'd had to resort to spending a little extra money on buying the over priced coffee from the hospital's local coffee cart in order to make it through the day.
The cart was the only place besides the cafe a few blocks away from the hospital that at least had decent coffee, unlike the crap they made in the hospital break rooms.

At least at Mercy West, there were high tech cappachino machines on each floor, a gift from the board after the hospital placed in the top ten on the hospital's rankings list, the expense had carved a deep hole in the hospital's budget, but at least Ben had never had to endure crappy coffee like the one he was currently avoiding, from Seattle Grace, the thing should have it's own caution label.

The coffee wasn't the only thing about Seattle Grace that was exhausting in Ben's opinion.
While the anesthesiologist was greatful to be one of the few Mercy West anesthesiologists, besides Chris to even actually make it through the merger selections, he couldn't help but wish the merger had never happened in the first place.

The majority of the Seattle Grace staff were overly competitive and not above stealing patients or sabotaging Mercy Westers.
He'd seen the interns literally spilling and slipping on blood to get to a patient first and while he knew there were a few Mercy Westers who were just as desperate and determined, to make an impression, Seattle Grace just seemed to take things to new heights.

They treated the Mercy Westers like imbeciles, despite the fact that Mercy West had been ahead on the latest hospital ranking list while Seattle Grace was ranked at a lowly number 12.

And as if those reasons weren't bad enough, to make things even worse, Ben's parking spot was awful. He had to spend at least 5 minutes each day walking from his car to the hospital doors.
He'd probably be able to cancel his gym membership and stay in shape by just the daily trek from his car to the hospital entrance alone. 

The only thing taking Ben's mind off of Seattle Grace's faults was being able to reconnect with his friend Dr Thomas Knox and maybe his unofficial plans of pursuing the mysterious Dr Bailey.

     The stories he had heard was enough to confirm that she was definitely the type of person to know what she was about, which interesting enough was exactly the type of woman Ben needed in his life especially after his last relationship.

Neither Ben nor his ex-girlfriend had been straightforward with each other during their time dating.
While she had been everything Ben had ever thought he had wanted in a partner, her ideals of the future had differed too much from his, which ultimately had been the major cause of their 3 year relationship imploding before their very eyes.

Their lack of communication had damaged what they had beyond repair.

It had taken months of self isolation and pushing his friends and family away to the point where they had all shown up and forced their way back in via intervention before he was finally able to even begin to get out of his depressive slump.