𝟎𝟎𝟑.

𝟎𝟎𝟑.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

New York was as lively as ever. Their flight had just landed and now they were on their way to her aunt's house in a taxi. She looked out of the car window, taking everything in. 

They came to a stop just outside the apartment in Manhattan that her aunt and her family lived in. Charlie had barely knocked on the door when it suddenly swung open. She was pulled into a hug faster than she could process it.

"Charlie! Ray! Finally, there you are. I've been waiting for someone to knock since the past thirty minutes." Amelia Carter was an extremely lively woman. Charlie sinks into the hug, feeling warmth spreading through her body. Her aunt had always been a mother figure for her. Ever since her own mother - whose name she did not know, had abandoned her when Charlie was just a baby, her aunt had stepped into the role. Still fairly young Brayden Hales had had no idea as to how to raise a child and his sister had been there for him every step of the way. They used to see each other every day until she had to move to New York.

Brayden smiled and pulled his sister into a hug. "I told you it would take some time for us to get here. Still as impatient as ever" He got smacked in the arm in return.

"Where's my hug?" came the voice of Vincent Carter. Charlie turned around to find her aunt's husband standing there with open arms. She had known Vincent since forever. Her aunt had a cute and romantic love story which she'd heard plenty of times before. They'd met in high school and apart from a few fights and problems here and there, they'd been together the whole time. Charlie grinned and launched into his arms as he lifted her before settling her back down. Her dad and Vincent did their thing where they patted each other on their shoulders.

She gasped as a tiny body came barreling out of nowhere and almost knocked her off her feet. Looking down, she saw her five year old cousin shooting a toothy grin at her. "Lottie!"

"Ky!"

"Lottie!"

"Ky!"

She picked him up and hugged his tiny body. "I missed you buddy"

He giggled, "I missed you too Lottie." He tugged her hair as a way of greeting. With sandy brown hair that sometimes looked like a shade of blonde, forest green eyes and a few of his teeth missing, Kyle Carter was simply the most adorable kid to ever exist.

He tugged her hand to pull her into his room and play something with her when his mother's voice stopped him. "Kyle, they've travelled a long distance to be here. Let her rest", she scolded.

"Oh no it's totally fine Aunt Lia. I'm not tired and I wanted to play with him anyways", Charlie reassured her aunt and followed the boy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ 

"BOOM!"

Charlie gasped playfully as Kyle knocked over her Darth Vader figurine. "How dare you!"

He stuck his tongue out, "See, I told you that Obi-Wan is better."

"Yeah, well Anakin is better than them both"

"Lottie, Darth Vader and Anakin are the same people"

"No they're not. Technically they are but I see them as different people", she huffed.

"You're just a sore loser"

"Am not"

"Yes you are-". Before they could bicker more, Aunt Lia interrupted them.

"Charlie, would you like to go explore outside for fun? You rarely visit New York as it is. It'll be fun to go off on your own", Amelia winked.

"Really?!" Before she could reply, Charlie ruffled Kyle's hair and rushed off to grab her coat before stopping in front of her father who was talking to Vincent in the living room. "Dad I'm going out for a while"

He stared at her, "It's getting late. How about you go tomorrow?"

"Please", she pouted. "I'll be safe and I'll be back soon"

He looked at her expression before he gave in with a sigh. "Fine. You have your phone with you right?"

"Yep"

"Alright then. Be careful"

"Will do. Bye dad. Love you"

"Love you too"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬