Chapter 22: Hurt

Nash POV:

I don't even know what came over me. I just went to Leighton's school to apologize to her. Next thing I knew that Taylor guy said something about her and my fist was in his face. It was just a couple punches until he was on the ground. But that's not the point, Leighton saw the worst of me and I was so ashamed. I don't know what to do anymore. 

I got back in my car and drove away despite what everyone was yelling and saying in the background. I don't know where I was going but I wanted to get away from here. I thought about my conversations with my Dad and Cameron again. The more I thought about it, I knew by my actions, that I made my decision for myself. It's not like things can be fixed now.

Leighton POV:

Skylar got me back home safely. I honestly don't know what to even think at this point. As much as I wanted Nash this was too much. Skye asked if she wanted me to stay but I said no. For some reason I had the dying urge to speak to Taylor. I need the real story.

"Okay but no going out tonight you hear me?"

"Don't worry I'll probably just take a bath and then go to sleep." I felt bad lying to her but she would never allow me to leave if I told her I wanted to go see Taylor.

"Alright call me if you need me."

"Thanks Skye. For everything today. You're honestly the best."

I waited about five minutes until after she left to change and then leave. I drove the back way to Taylor's house so that I wouldn't have to pass Skylar's house.

I walked up to the door and his mom answered. "Aww hello Leighton! I haven't seen you in forever, how are you?"

"Hi, Mrs. Caniff, umm is Taylor here."

"Oh no sweetie. He's at the hospital. I was just on the phone with him. He fell down some stairs at school and broke his arm." Lies, our school doesn't even have stairs. "He told me not to come because it wasn't serious and that he was with friends. Honey you wouldn't mind going down there and then letting me know if he's really okay would you?"

"Sure, that's no problem at all. I'm so sorry that happened."

"You're a doll. Oh thank you Leighton. I knew you two should have never split up."

I got her number and then headed for the hospital. He may have deserved a bloody nose but certainly not a broken arm. I felt so bad.

When I got there the nurses let me in.

"Please go Leighton."

"Why...?"

"Because you're fucking boyfriend did this to me okay? You're the last person I want to see me like this."

I walked over and gently touched his eye. It was a swollen and black and blue. "Why did he hit you?"

"I said your name or something and for some reason he just freaked."

"I told him that you kissed me."

"Im going into surgery soon Leighton, please just leave." He said trying to change the subject.

"Why didn't you fight back?" I demanded an answer.

"Please just go."

"WHY! Why won't you answer my questions?!"

"BECAUSE I STILL LIKE YOU LEIGHTER. Alright I didn't fight back because I still like you. I kissed you because I still like you and I don't want you to see me like this because I still like you." He couldn't even look me in the eyes but I didn't mind because I could feel my eyes getting watery. "Maybe even love, okay? I don't know."

A tear fell at that point. He was hurt, and quite honestly I was hurt. He shouldn't have to be getting surgery because of Nash, ultimately because of me. I felt ashamed myself too. I would've never gotten involved with Nash if I knew Taylor's thoughts. I grabbed his hand and whispered, "He's not my boyfriend anymore." I said and walked out.

His surgery was only and hour and a half so I decided to wait. I texted his mom letting her know that everything was fine... It really wasn't but I knew that that's what Taylor would've wanted me to say. I then called Nash, but there was no answer. I didn't think he'd answer but just in case I called Cameron.

(C- Cameron, L- Leighton)

C- Hello?

L- Hi it's me Leighton. Is Nash there?

C- Umm no.

He paused.

L- Hello?

C- Leighton he's at the airport right now.

L- WHAT?!

I immediately stood up and scrambled for my keys. I wanted to be there for Taylor, but I needed to make sure Nash didn't get on that plane.

L- When's and what's his flight?

C- Leighton he told me what happened and was still pretty upset. I think we should just let him be.

I didn't want to say it but it came out before I could stop myself. Word vomit.

L- Cameron, if you don't tell me what flight he's on and when it departs I swear I will tell Skylar about the baby.

There was a bit of a pause again but then he spoke.

C- Flight number 226 departing at 5:30.

I hung up and checked my phone. It was 4:35. From here it would take me about 45 minutes to get to LAX. I ran to my car. Hopefully 10 minutes will be enough time at the airport to find him before the plane takes off.

Cameron POV:

Leighton knows. Of course she fucking knows. I had a feeling from when she barged in on Skylar and I together and started talking about some pregnant girl who I guarantee doesn't even exist. Skylar was coming over in a few minutes. Don't get me wrong, I really really liked her but I couldn't do this with her. I just have to tell her the truth. Wtf Cameron you can't do that?! You already fucked up last week when you two were about to have sex. She'll never like you after that. I was now stuck in this ball of confusion. But I knew one thing, I couldn't keep this going. As much as Skye meant to me I couldn't possibly hurt her. I must tell her about the pregnancy.

The doorbell rang and it was her. I opened the door, and in seeing her smiley face I knew I couldn't tell her.

We did our routinely thing: talked for a bit and then watched Netflix on my couch. After watching two episodes of Jane the Virgin she made her way into my lap. Damn she was beautiful. Simultaneously we kissed each other. With each movement she made me regret my past more and more. If you hadn't fucked up back then, you could be happy with her. I'm happy right now, I proclaimed back at my subconscious, but I knew I could only hurt her from here. Selfishly though, my need and want for her took over. As my hands traveled onto her lower back and further down, I felt something in her back pocket.

A condom.

She smiled and pulled it out of her pocket...

a/n- Will Leigh get to the airport in time and turn things around? Will Cam stick to his plan and save Skylar, or will she lose something she'll never get back?! Comment what you guy want/think will happen!!