Chapter 24: Nervous

Leighton POV:

I walked back out and got into my car. I drive back to the hospital. I guarantee his surgery is over by now but he definitely hasn't left yet. Forty-five minutes later I pulled into the hospital. I led myself to Taylor's room. He was looking at something on his phone.

"Taylor I'm sorry I left. I had to do something," I remembered the plane taking off. "...but I guess it doesn't matter anymore."

I was still standing in the door frame. "It's fine. I didn't expect you would anyway."

"Why?" I asked.

"Leighter," He started. "I'm the one who ruined everything between us. You don't have to do anything for me." I walked over to him and touched his cast. "I don't deserve any kindness from you." He grabbed my hand. This is the Taylor I knew. And I knew he'd go back to his original self.

"If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to do."

Stop a guy I really like from abandoning me at an airport. Ughh, I mean sure Taylor was perfect now but I know Nash will never escape my mind. There was something about him that I just needed. But then I remember he's on a plane right now trying to get away from me.

"Don't worry about it." I helped him out of the hospital bed. "C'mon Taylor. I'll drive you home."

••••••••••

Skylar POV:

During the weekend I spent most of my time in the hospital with my Grandma. She still had some time but she wasn't doing well. Cameron and I hung out at night after his movie rehearsals. It was only for maybe an hour but it was still nice I guess. At least I got to see him. It was first period debate class with Leighton. I'm pretty sure this was her favorite class, she was always volunteering to dto the random debates. As she was ranting on about how democracy is the best form of government I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Everyone seemed really focused on her speaking so I figured no one would notice if I pulled out my phone.

It was a text from Cameron.

C- Meet me at my house after school... Okay? :)

I responded with 'only cause you're cute' with the smily emoji with its tongue out (😋) and put my phone away.

I honestly became so anxious that the whole day practically flew by. When Leighton dropped me off home I quickly changed then drove my dads car to Cameron's apartment. I knew he wouldn't mind. He was at the hospital with my mother. No one was there yet but I decided to wait. The studio was an hour away so he probably was on his way. I let myself in with the secret key he told me about and turned on the TV. After two an episodes of Girl Code on MTV I heard a bunch of yelling outside. I also looked down at my phone as it lit up.

Cameron- Stuck in production for the night. Sorry babe.

I hate this movie. I never thought I'd hate a movie starring Cameron Dallas but I do. I thought I was starting to be important to him but all I get is a 'Sorry babe.'

Not even replying or texting back, I just left. When I was locking the door I heard the yelling again. This time I heard the voice and I heard what he said.

"YOU'RE FUCKING MESSED UP"

"AYE MAN NOT MY FAULT SHE WANTED IT"

It was Jack. I turned and saw him kicking a guy off of him and punching him straight in the nose. I ran as fast as I could in order try and stop whatever was going on.

"Aww got your girlfriend to back you up?" Said the guy with blood dripping from is nose.

"Skylar, get the hell out of here." Jack whispered.